1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen NIN live?

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by MacReady, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    My Wife and I are going to see Nine Inch nails live at the Manchester Apollo tonight and, even though we are really looking forward to it, we are getting a bit worried that we will be a bit 'out of place' :eek:

I have been a fan for years but have never seen Trent Reznor live other than on the 'And All That Could Have Been' DVD and was determined to get to see them on this new tour. We have purposfully got tickets that are not near the front as we are both not the type to be throwing ourselves around into everyone else ;) I am 34 now and don't wear black that often ;) Am I going to look completely out of place ?

Oh, and if anyone has seen them on the Live With Teeth tour...how was it?

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    My brother saw them in London a couple of months ago and thought they were stunning.

Don't worry about your age - just go and enjoy the gig and the music as everyone just appreciates the common reason for being there in my experience of gigs.

At the Reading Festival last year I felt really old (at only 21!) until I went to see the Wildhearts where I suddenly felt really young but nobody cares either way. :)

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    You're in for a treat! I saw them at the Apollo last night and they were just awesome!! Just make sure you drink lots of water and if you can take some in then do so as it got incredibly hot in there as there's no air con.

Just wear what you want, yes there are lots of goth types and rock/whatever types but it's all about being you :) I'm 28 and went with a 25 and a 30 year old! We were seated upstairs and you could see pretty much the whole stage, just had to stand up occasionally cos the people in front did. Support act was a bit out of place we felt for a NIN gig but there ya go. Oh and they played for 1 hr 45 mins !!

Utterly fantastic :thumbsup:

I was actually just going to post and ask if anyone knows if there's a noticable difference between the DTS and DD soundtracks on the 'And All That Could Have Been' DVD? I only have the DD version.

4. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Great, thanks for that :thumbsup: I can hardly wait now, we are setting off in a few minutes :D

The DTS version of the DVD is fantastic but I have never heard the DD version so I dont know if it is a massive leap.

5. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,235
    My daugther also saw NIN at the apollo last night and she goes to quite a few concerts and said it was the best gig she's ever seen.

6. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,235
    By the way,she missed the support band as I gave her my satnav to guide her up to Manchester.The only trouble was we put the apollo as the destination for the sat nav and it took her to a place the other side of Manchester also called the apollo.

We should have searched for the Carling Apollo,Still she got there in time to see Trent do his stuff so she was very happy.

7. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Unless she likes urban rap/hip-hop type stuff she didn't really miss much in the support act. The guy was called Saul Williams.

It's definitely one of my top gigs, right up there with Mastodon!

8. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +916
    so is the DD version. I can't imagine there could be a particularly big leap in the sound... the DD version's pretty much just like being there (got to be the LOUDEST dvd I've ever heard :D )

9. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    WOW :eek: WOW :eek: WOW :eek: WOW :eek:

That is all I have said to anyone who has asked me at work what the show was like... WOW :eek:

For such a small stage the presentation was fantastic and those crawling strips of light at the back looked fantastic. The energy in the place was also brilliant...and we were not the only 'normals' there either ;)

In fact I got into the show more than a lot of the Goth types around us :D

The show kicking off with Terrible Lie was amazing and they played some great songs...it was great to hear Dead Souls played Live and one of my all time favourite songs ever brought a tear to my eye...I get the same every time I hear ' Something I Can Never Have' :blush:

The most amazing part was where Trent was all alone on stage singing Hurt until the very last section where the band joined him again.......amazing !!

What can I say........WOW :eek:

10. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    Hehe :) Couldn't agree more :smashin:

I'll stick with the DD version of the DVD for now then.

11. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Just seen the new video of Only directed by David Fincher...it is very good.

12. Floodedstatue

Floodedstatue

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I didn't realise Fincher directed it. It is excellent :thumbsup:

13. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I havn't bought the new album yet but both of the singles have been a real let-down in my opinion. :(

14. grimoor

grimoor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The lastest album is a bit more mellow compared to their other stuff, but it does grow on you after a while.

Saw NIN at Brixton Adcademy and was a great gig. Was hoping they would play The Perfect Drug, but can't have everything :)

15. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +181
    The new one is a definite grower. The new songs they played live definitely sound better live, but I prefer them live anyways :)

16. silentsleeper

silentsleeper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i thought the gig (13/7) was decidedly average. biggest disappointment of the year in gig terms :(

17. Acam

Acam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw NIN back in 1989-90 supporting The Wonder Stuff. I seem to remember they spent most of the time throwing various items at the crowd and spitting water over us. Very Rock n Roll! But Head Like A hole stood out and they've become a bit more professional since then.