Anyone seen Ghost Ship?

I have not seen it but my mate saw it and was plesently surprised how good it was.

I thought it went rapidly downhill after the first 10 minutes.

Thought it was good, rent it or wait for it to go to the cheap bin.

yeh,not a bad movie.good surround sound.

pick it up cheap if you can.

its only a movie to see it ones but you might like it if you like these kind of movies.

Run of the mill horror flick, nothing special.

Worth a watch, but wouldn't buy it.

Disappointing. After a really promising opening it turned into a below average horror flick with little real tension or atmosphere.

But compared to its' directors previous film - the truly awful Thirteen Ghosts - it's a masterpiece!

Since when did they last make a decent, scary horror film?

I think they've forgotten how!

And no, The Ring wasn't scary either.

Thought that Wrong Turn is excellent, very much disappointed with Jeepers Creepers 2... Ghost ship is average.

Originally posted by Kevo

Final Destination (1 and 2) are both excellent and re-watchable in my opinion. Best I've seen since the first Nightmare on Elm Street and Salem's Lot - back when I was about 11 yrs old.

Freddy vs Jason was bordering on being too cheesy but I still enjoyed it.

Ghost Ship is pants......

The opening scene is ok but after that it is woefull - badly acted, poorly shot and terrible sound if you are watching it on a decent system.

Funky holographic DVD box cover though.

Final Destination 1& 2 - supberb.

I am looking forward to Cabin Fever although I think that got mized reviews.

I though Darkness Falls was scary and for a different type of scary film try My Little Eye - probably not to everyones tastes but a different film none the less.

I liked My little eye, aswell as most of the ones mentioned on here previously, including Ghost Ship. I guess it don't take too much to please me then :D

Originally posted by Kevo

Kevo

Have you seen Ring – the original Japanese film that The Ring was a remake of? I’ve not seen the original yet and believe it’s a lot scarier than the remake.

I thought Cabin Fever was OK, but not as good as Wrong Turn, which I really enjoyed. The Ring was overrated, imo, and the best thing about My Little Eye is the sound, which I have never heard anything quite like. The rear speaker output is immense!

I've had Ghost Ship for a while, but haven't had the time to watch it yet.

Since we are on the subject of The Ring, a mate came round to mine a few months ago with it on DVD. He kept going on about how he watched it with his mum and needed clean underwear afterwards.

After having heard so much about the original film, I put the disc in my DVD drive, and whacked the amp up. We watched a bit of it, and the first time you see the girl when her face changes, my mate just froze. I burst out in a fit of laughter.

So, I skipped back a minute or so, and played the same part again... at reference level :smashin:

Needless to say, my mate was climbing up the wall when the scene was played again.

When the original version was played on TV recently, I watched it. I wasn't at all put off, and just think that The Ring (and Blaire Witch Project) was completely over-rated.

Originally posted by parkender
Kevo

Have you seen Ring – the original Japanese film that The Ring was a remake of? I’ve not seen the original yet and believe it’s a lot scarier than the remake.

Yes i've seen the original. I didn't find it any scarier then the re-make.

Thought I'd try out watching My Little Eye on my pretty new 5.1 system today. Strange thing was, it wont output it as 5.1, when I press menu it says its outputting it as DD1.1 which seems very strange. Ive tried pressing the audio button to change it but it wont work. Anyone any ideas or am I completely missing something?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom