Anyone seen Drive yet?

Junglist

Gonna be watching the first 2 episodes tonight. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen it yet and whats been the overall view?

FYI - I am a big fan of Firefly/Serenity...so looking forward to seeing Nathan Fillion in something new!

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Got the first two eps on my hard drive, gonna watch them tonight after the footy and hopefully Dr Who:)

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Ok, if you didn't know Tim Minear was involved then seeing Mal, Jubal and Fred in one show should give you a clue, that or it's Joss:)

I enjoyed the first two eps but I have doubts on the long term success of the show, it's fairly light weight despite the main characters wife being kidnapped but the car/race footage is well done for a TV show.
It's another large cast but even after two shows it's settled down to just a half dozen vehicles although like LOST I am sure we'll see many more competitors as the show continues and yes flashbacks have already been used:)

AML

Saw the first 2 eps of this. I thought it was quite interesting.

Im just wondering how long they could stretch this show for. I mean, how long could they make the race last?

I dont see it going for more than a season. Maybe 20 eps or so.

Other than that, its pretty good so wanna see more! :smashin:

Kelltic

Watched the 1st 3 episodes, and thought it was starting to hit its stride in the 3rd episode. This quote sums it up for me -

Meanwhile, Drive co-creator Tim Minear, who has executive-produced such cult favorites as Wonderfalls and Firefly, describes Drive as a hybrid of fun comedy, thriller, and emotional drama.

It looks like it will be a lot of fun and thrills, and doesnt take itself at all seriously.

It has been commisioned for 13 episodes for this 1st season.

GETanner

My money is that it will cease to be broadcast after episode 6 and will be "web-streamed" from 7 to 11 with production closed down before the completion of episode 12.

The problem is that it appears to be arc based and that will kill off viewers during the spring/summer in the States.

Miss any episode, the next will make no sense so viewers will not return for subsequent broadcasts. This cases a big drop on viewing numbers and hence advertisers will put pressure on the broadcaster to air "banker" shows.

This happened with Daybreak & Vanished.

Shame that story based, wide arc series are few and far between while reality shows are ten a penny.

G

gavan

Just saw episode one last night.

Interesting and entertaining but they don't seem to know how to pitch the tone of the show. Light and bouncy or dark and mysterious. However, worth watching some more.....

Junglist

I started this thread last week but still havent had a chance to watch any episode yet, due to catching up with 24 and also wife catching up with ugly betty.
Got to start watching asap...good thing is there will be 3 episodes by the time i start so will ge me better idea of what its like.
Hope they dont do a Firefly and cancel just as it starts to get interesting.

Pack Dude

Ive watched the first three episodes and would agreed with whats be said so far. But also the cars and chase's look GREAT on my projector screen.

THE GFP

Banned
this week or so ive d/l the 1st 3 eps of this and ep 1 of killerjane which also looks good

they get through sooooooo many series in the usa

its the throw away society i suppose, if it dont rate it dont last

very rarely does this happpen over here though which is good

AML

Ive also seen a lot of good shows come and go in the US. Its pretty ridiculous really :suicide:

Then they wonder why people stop buying movies/TV shows and just end up downloading stuff.

Its all about money and advertising these days.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Watched the third ep last night and while things are settling down I still don't see a long term future of the show, yes you always have to suspend your disbelief in some areas for most genre shows but I'm never really happy to see Wacky Racing style of passing in real life.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
:mad: Will someone please tell me what this is about?

It's the first project Nathan Fillion has done since signing up to FOX and it's a Tim Minear creation.

The show is about an underground illegal road race in the US which seems to be the entertainment of a group of unknown rich guys and has been an annual event for many decades.
It also seems that some of the contestants are coerced into the race though threats and extortion while others do it simply for the thrill or the $32 Million first prize and there are enforces who maintain the secrecy of the race and administer the rules and penalties along the way.

Official Website (probably spoilers)
camarocw6.gif

DanH

Ive seen the first couple of eps, and like others have mentioned, it seems alright but i have my doubts over its future. Im fed up of programs i like getting cancelled, so im constantly paranoid about it now which means i never really "get into" them as much these days.

Sick Boy

Bloody typical. The last couple of episodes were ok too. Im not going to bother watching anything new anymore, might as well wait until its done a full season.

I assume this is only officially able to be viewed in US anyway. Likely that any other country wouldn't get it until we knew it had been cancelled, so able to make that choice rather than follow the insane US tv show market.

I'd still rather watch some of the unfinished shows that the states produces than the poor efforts that the UK churns out. Smith was a superb show that although was dissapointed it was cancelled, I was glad I got to see what there was.

oakie

i got the first 4 shows watched them back to back but still cant decide on it - hated the intro though:thumbsdow

AML

4 eps in and its already cancelled? :rotfl: :suicide:

I was starting to enjoy it too. They could have at least given them one season to finish the race...

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton