1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone seen a review or own JVC HRXV1?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by hollie.weimeran, Sep 22, 2002.

1. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm after some info on HRXV1 and how it performs with vcd's. As i'm limited for space this seems an ideal solution. Any other reccomendations for combination units would be appreciated.

2. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    You can find a review on www.totaldvd.net

Any one out there got this? I'm interested because I need to save space and I have a JVC TV (AV32R25). I assume you can use the TV remote to controle this combi.

Question is this, Can you set the DVD to output Nicam Stereo because I want to use the Pro-Logic decoder built into my TV?

3. hollie.weimeran

hollie.weimeran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Preston,

I didn't get the combi - after a fair bit of research that led me to believe that the combination VCR/DVD players are at best a compromise (for the price they sell at they have to be) - I eventually went and bought a Panasonic DMr e30 DVD recorder and I havn't been disappointed. I didn't have a lot of pre recorded videos and I'm sure that this is definitely the way to go.

4. preston

preston
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Agreed. I supose I should copy my wedding video onto DVD and ditch tape altogether. I've not ruled out a hard disk recorder yet but I refuse to pay for Sky+.