Anyone seen A History of Violence?

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
New thriller from David Cronenberg.

Was thinking of watching it on weekend....

This is on my list to watch, comes out this Friday i think.

I've read a few good reviews about it and the trailer looked good. :)

Definitely booking my seat, hasn't been much on worth watching lately.

Rob

robyoung said:
This is on my list to watch, comes out this Friday i think.

I was asking , as last week there were early previews....

Sorry, also i was thinking who i should take to watch it, and wanted to know if the violence was extreme, or if there was any graphic sexual sequences?.

As someone wrote;

Another great thing about AHOV is, that it's narrative is 90% about the life of average people and the rest is some kind of a perverted action-flick in every gory detail.

I havent heard anything about it being too gory, violent or perverted. But maybe in a reviewers mind that goes with out saying for a cronenberg film! :)

Anyway, i'm gonna take the missus too it. :D

Rob

I saw it last week and there isnt that much Violence in the movie, nothing gory at all.

Its a good movie but it seems very long for a short movie, it seems to me that the movie could have been a 30-40min short movie and still had the same impact, they seem to have stretched the movie over 96min.

There are some sexual parts but nothing graphic at all, i can't unserstand why it had an 18 rating, it had a few bloody-ish parts but nothing over the top at all. (imo)

The trailer looked great but the film itself is very disappointing. The plot is amateurish to say the least; in fact I would go as far as saying it was childish. The acting is ok at best but the direction is useless. Plus it has the 2 most cringeworthy and poorly executed sex scenes I have witnessed since Eminem's effort in 8 mile (which was also crap). People were squirming in their seats, embarrassed for the poor actors who had to "do it". My advice would be to avoid this move, you will be disappointed, especially if you are expecting this to be a good film...

I saw this last weekend and really enjoyed it. A simple story, but one that is really well told and superbly acted in my opinion.

It is realistic in terms of the violence and this apply's to the sex scenes also, no soft candle light, sappy music and belly humping here!!

I for one will be definitely picking this up on the DVD release :smashin:

I'm a big fan of Cronenberg, and this is doubly interesting as the subject matter is a bit of a departure for him.

Looking forward to this one.

Just thought I'd resurrect this thread as I finally got round to seeing this last night!

I was expecting it to be good and I wasn't disappointed, it really is an excellent film and would recommend it to anyone who likes their films intelligent and thought provoking. :thumbsup:

The story is simple and slow paced, the acting is excellent, both Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello stand out in and all round good cast. Anyone expecting an action packed movie will be disappointed, yes there is violence but it is sporadic and swift , however it is bloody and 'full on' without being gratuitous or exploitative.

One of the best films I've seen this year! If you fancy an intelligent movie that looks at the affects violence has on people and their families go see. :clap: :D

Rob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom