• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone see Bev Hills cop 3 on skyonehd

BIGMAX

Established Member
Watched a bit of this last night as skyonehd always seems to get a slating for worst pq but I was pleasantly surprised especially seeing it's a very old film. Anyone else think it was very good or just the norm ?

Ultra2man

Prominent Member
I caught the last half hour or so of it last night and thought it was about on par with other Sky one HD progs I have seen so far. Certainly not better than them.

Blue.Rocket

Established Member
But i was under the impression that Film s,Documentrys etc had to be recorded in HD in order to view it in HD, surly Bev Cop 3 was not recorded in HD, was it ?

Simian Sibling

Distinguished Member
Blue.Rocket said:
But i was under the impression that Film s,Documentrys etc had to be recorded in HD in order to view it in HD, surly Bev Cop 3 was not recorded in HD, was it ?

Its something to do with what it was shot originally with. Something about 35mm film i think but i am not sure! I am no expert but I am sure someone will explain it if you ask!

I was impressed with it! watched the whole thing (film is :censored: ). The PQ was good especially the end bit with all the bits of coloured paper flying about (how sad am I! :thumbsup: )

mr_yogi

Prominent Member
My understanding is that pretty much anything filmed on er... film contains more detail than HD is capable of showing. So converting film to HD gives good results (providing the film has been well stored and is in good condition).

The problem comes when things (mostly TV programs) are shot on (SD) video i.e limited resolution and there isn't anymore (or very little) information above standard definition. So HD will look the same as SD.

and like someone has already said if this is wrog i'm sure someone will be along to correct me :D

Col1n

Standard Member
It was also in Dolby Digital 5:1 even though the programme info didnt show it as such. Thought it was quite ironic when we get a number of the films on the HD movie channels which are not DD.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
It's so bizarre that you can get a two hour block on SKY1 using 10% and yet on the dedicated HD movie channel some movies only use 5% for two hours, even allowing for a 2.35:1 ratio and no DD5.1 that shouldn't equate to a 50% bandwidth saving for some movies.

As for the movie, haven't seen it for years and it was good fun, nice picture and sound and something SKY1 HD should do more of.

supermackem

Established Member
It was amazing, i tossed on the dvd to compair and it really was at least twice as good. The dvd was very very poor soft and lacked any sort of detail, the hd version was just amazing the amount of detail on peoples faces was huge.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom