• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Anyone running 2x PS4s?

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have been thinking of getting a 2nd PS4. I have to move it from the game room to indoors almost every day. I take it to hotels etc. The more I move it the more I think it will eventually get damaged. plus it is a chore unplugging everything.

Also I was thinking of getting a couple of games this week and looking at some of the bundle deals it was really tempting to just buy a new console with game instead.

Currently slightly put off by the licence, primary console etc. I will have a mixture of digital and physical games. but the ones I play the most I will want to play on one console and then the other and back again...is this a hassle and do I have to change settings every time I do this?

Any other things I need to consider?

Thanks

jouster

I have two machines....for exactly that reason....

Most annoying thing is PS+ stuff would love to be able to download on one machine and copy it across network to the other

zt1903

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I have been thinking of getting a 2nd PS4. I have to move it from the game room to indoors almost every day. I take it to hotels etc. The more I move it the more I think it will eventually get damaged. plus it is a chore unplugging everything.

Also I was thinking of getting a couple of games this week and looking at some of the bundle deals it was really tempting to just buy a new console with game instead.

Currently slightly put off by the licence, primary console etc. I will have a mixture of digital and physical games. but the ones I play the most I will want to play on one console and then the other and back again...is this a hassle and do I have to change settings every time I do this?

Any other things I need to consider?

Thanks

Your use case looks pretty straightforward.

PS4 in Games room as your primary, assuming it's the one you use the most.

Indoor/take to hotels PS4 with yourself as main user would not be primary but still able to access all your content by logging in with your normal account.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom