Question Anyone running 2018 Mac Mini + eGPU + Vega 64 and World of Warcraft with Ultrawide?

Jenz

This is what I am thinking of purchasing and so thought I would ask if anyone is already doing this and how it is performing.

I am very happy with my old iMac (late 2012) but now want to purchase an Ultrawide monitor with Picture by Picture for my real work.

I am thinking of buying a 2018 Mac Mini i7, 16GB, 512GB SSD and coupling it with initially a Vega 64 in a Razer Core X eGPU enclosure powering the screen. Radeon 7 is supported in the next version of Mojave (14.4.5 I think) and is already in beta. This is why I've chosen Razer Core X.

My gaming is purely Diablo 3 and World of Warcraft on Mac. I don't want to Bootcamp.

Is anyone here on AvForums actually running like this and are you happy with frame rate and performance etc? Regards Neil.

Stellavision

I am running a 2018 Mac Mini with the i7 8700, 32GB DDR4 , 512GB SSD + 1TB External SSD via USB C for Steam library, etc..and a Vega 64 in a Razer Core X.
I am pretty happy with how it runs and get well over 100 fps in PUBG running at 1440p, albeit with lower settings.
I realise you said that you don't want bootcamp, but to give you an idea here is a screenshot of 3DMark / Timespy run off my Mac Mini's bootcamp partition.

Timespy Mac Mini 2018.png

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom