Anyone remember Texan bars? They're back!!

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought one yesterday in my local BP Station - very small but was always my favourite as a kid. (Didn't enjoy yesterday's much mind)

They've been back a while... remember my Mrs telling me some time ago.

All we need now are "Nutty"s and "Cabana"s. Oh, and "Drifter"s. Come to think of it, have they stopped doing "Spira"s? I love them :mad: but not seen them for ages!!

yeah, I used to love texans - what about bangos..?

Oh my god, cabana's - talk about time warp - I loved these BIG time! :thumbsup:
As for texans, you'll need to develope your jaw muscles as these were CHEWY!

on a similar note...why are Wispa bars no longer available?

shame...I still have my Wispa mug.

Would like to see the return of 'Pacers' - the green & white striped minty opal fruit type chews. They were the ultimate cinema snack.....

mh123 said:
All we need now are "Nutty"s and "Cabana"s. Oh, and "Drifter"s.

Drifters are still around...took one to work the other day :smashin:

One of the women at work came in with a Texan bar the other day and almost lost one of her teeth it was that chewy :D

Mint cracknel, cadburys raisins, aztec, old jamaica - mmmmmmmmmm!

Wheres Nux -similar to picnic - similar to lion
Also can you still get hazelcup

DJT75 said:
- very small but was always my favourite as a kid. (Didn't enjoy yesterday's much mind)

Are they or is it because you got bigger?

Noticed this with a caramac that I bought recently for the first time in years, it seemed really wafer thin and not how I remembered it at all.

Can ayone say for sure if chocolate bars in general are smaller than the versions us oldies fondly remember as kids?

I know they switched Milky Way innards from brown to white chocolate - the so-and-so's!

DJT75 said:
Would like to see the return of 'Pacers' - the green & white striped minty opal fruit type chews. They were the ultimate cinema snack.....
I remember when they used to be called Opal Mints (showing my age now!).

Hope they don't bring back thats all my favourites :thumbsup: an am fat enuff!!!!!!!!!

I want my Spangles - especially the Old English flavour !

Definitely smaller, it was about the size of a Blue Ribbon when a Texan bar I remember as being the size of a Yorkie.....ps. they completely ruined Milky Ways when they changed the filling.....

Nick_UK said:
I want my Spangles - especially the Old English flavour !
There use to be a comedian who use to take the rise out of them and said it was the sort of sweet his gran use to buy him, but I know they use to be a popular variety with the kids as the were the stongest flavour of the lot.

Wagon Wheels - I used to buy one every morning on the way to school and I swear, they were massive, my nephew bought one the other day and it was t-i-n-y same with jammy dodgers, everythings shrinking!

Amazon bars, Amazin' Raisin bars, Cadbury's Toffee Buttons, Glees (like skittles), Tiger, Teddy and Candy Tots, Toffee Treets, Peanut Treets (like peanut M&M's), Riley's Chocolate Toffee Rolls (plain chocolate coated caramels, sold loose by weight, ie a quarter pound - very hard and chewy).

All sweets from my childhood and youth. All, sadly, gone now.

Striker bars - used to love them in my yoof

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom