Anyone recommend sony cineza for a panny ae100??

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by pinda, Mar 4, 2002.

1. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having waited for weeks for a panny unit..with no news about shipment dates yet...:mad: maybe its time to look at my options like the sony cineza...Can anyone truly recommend me the sony over the panny?? Pls don't go into the £500 difference...at least sony doesn't run out of units..i hope ...rolleyes:

2. gavan

gavan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +287
    I haven't seen the AE100 so I can't honestly recommend the Sony over it - but I can say that as someone who owns the HS1 it's a really good unit and you should consider it.

The HS1 is quiet, provides a detailed yet 'smooth' picture, comes with a decent 1.2m wide portable screen, can handle many different types of input (some need expensive proprietary cables though....), is really easy to use and has some clever features which may or may not be of interest to you like Side Shot and Memory Stick capability.

I wouldn't worry too much about the 500 quid difference - I gather you can pick up the Sony for 1600 quid in the UK with the Panasonic at just under 1400. Plus in Switzerland now the HS1 has dropped in price by about 10% so I'd expect some similar drops in the UK in the face of the competition.

All in all the HS1 is a very versatile home entertainment unit. Sony as usual did a good job of designing something techie yet easy to use.

Gav

3. acave

acave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Try Gultronic's in London. Got mine for £1399 (although the b******s said they would match the £1369 net price).

4. pinda

pinda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks lads :)