Anyone recommend a Landscape Photography Book?

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been looking on Amazon and been tempted to buy a couple but difficult to know what to get, more after a book with hints and tips for taking pictures as opposed to a book with just nice pictures if that makes any sense.

Didn't know whether anyone had bought a book on this subject that had really inspired them and aided their photography.

No book to recommend - they all look great...

But as far as tips go... only two...

1) Hyperfocal distance. Google it. Get the best from the lens - use your lens at about f/8.
b) Tripod.
3) bracket exposures. HDR... all that jazz. :thumbsup:

Photos with Impact - Tom Mackie. Collection of Landscape, architecture and nature photographs I've found very inspiring.

Yes I'm afraid it is full of his pictures but they are very very good - when I first read it I was blinded by the pictures but now I can look at it and say "Hmm the composition adheres with the rule of thirds, the vertical lines gives the image a strong calming effect etc". Not that I think like that all the time - just most of the time hehe. I'd be surprised if you didn't find it helpful anyway.

Night and low light photography by lee frost I think.

and travel Landscape photography can't remember who its by though but I'll let you know later.

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. I shall be looking into all those books suggested :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom