• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Anyone recommend a Landscape Photography Book?

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Been looking on Amazon and been tempted to buy a couple but difficult to know what to get, more after a book with hints and tips for taking pictures as opposed to a book with just nice pictures if that makes any sense.

Didn't know whether anyone had bought a book on this subject that had really inspired them and aided their photography.

onefivenine

No book to recommend - they all look great...

But as far as tips go... only two...

1) Hyperfocal distance. Google it. Get the best from the lens - use your lens at about f/8.
b) Tripod.
3) bracket exposures. HDR... all that jazz. :thumbsup:

SomeVorn

Photos with Impact - Tom Mackie. Collection of Landscape, architecture and nature photographs I've found very inspiring.

Yes I'm afraid it is full of his pictures but they are very very good - when I first read it I was blinded by the pictures but now I can look at it and say "Hmm the composition adheres with the rule of thirds, the vertical lines gives the image a strong calming effect etc". Not that I think like that all the time - just most of the time hehe. I'd be surprised if you didn't find it helpful anyway.

allymac123

Night and low light photography by lee frost I think.

and travel Landscape photography can't remember who its by though but I'll let you know later.

dazza74

Distinguished Member
Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated. I shall be looking into all those books suggested :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom