Question anyone recommend a DD/Open-WRT compatible router?

Chuck_Norris

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi:)

as the title really, i've searched the relevant wiki's and the info appears either outdated or is aimed toward the US market.

can anyone recommend an easy to use router they're using that can have DD/Open-wrt, tomato etc installed on it?

been looking at this one below but when you scroll through the comments people are complaining it is a nightmare to get WRT installed.
Linksys WRT1900ACS Dual Band AC1900 Gigabit Smart Wi-Fi Router (1.6 GHz Processor, 128 MB Flash, 512 DDR3 RAM, USB 3.0, eSATA, 4 x Ethernet) - Open Source Ready: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

i'm on infinity using a tp link n600/W9980 currently. I'm wanting to setup a vpn so i can install a blue iris ip camera system, so i'm looking user the n600 as the modem and the wrt router as the router.

any other info or advice welcome:)

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
whats your budget

I have been using a TPLink WDR3600 with DDWRT for past 3 years and never had any problems with it. - You can get a WDR3600 for around 40 quid.

If you got a larger budget then I would also recommened the Asus RT66U with Shibby Tomato

Cheers guys

I actually went for the Asus n68u-rt, using the stock Asus firmware has all the features I need.

Excellent router

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom