1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone recommend a 100 Hz 32" CRT TV?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by daverave, Oct 24, 2005.

1. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After much research I have decided to opt for a CRT TV instead of an LCD TV, saving a bit of cash and waiting to see what happens with the HD developments. Does anyone recommend a 100 Hz 32 " CRT TV within the price range 300 to 500 quid?

I plan to purchase one this week so any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    be wary of 100hz tv's as the more gizmos a tv has the more it affects the picture. 100hz is great if all u do is watch dvd's but if u like sports especially the footie then beware. get a good 50hz 32 but i was gutted when i got my phillips 32 as the actual viisble screen is only 30" and it shows. get a 36 if u can lift.

all the usual models are good

sony
    phillips
    panasonic
    jvc
    toshiba

i like phillips for picture quality and got the 32pw6518.
    no complaints. disxons have one for £390.00 but try places like empire direct as well.

gbmit

3. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    id agree, just bought a toshiba 32zp48 and 100hz was a good selling point, but after using it its vertually useless (in a sense that theres not point using it) i found progressive mode works well though, even though my dvd player/sky hasnt got progressive scan!

4. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For watching football, do you recommend a 28 inch 50 Hz CRT or a 26 inch LCD such as the Sharp Aquos?

I am extremely undecided whether to buy an LCD or a CRT! My main viewing is footy (sky) and DVDs!

5. skap7309

skap7309

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    for the moment crt gives generally the better picture and is cheaper but lcd technology is quickly changing and should be better and around the same price within the next few years. for the moment i have heard of lcd having trouble with motion sometimes, football being a perfect example.

i have just bought a crt toshiba 32zp48 and am more than happy with it- it'll fill a five year or so gap before i make the switch to flat panels.
    decisions, decisions eh!

6. fatley

fatley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello there,

Im looking for a 100hz crt at the moment as well. Has anyone seen one of these in action: Samsung ws32z306v

They are one of the new slim backs. Any good?

7. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    @daverave you can see it gets complicated, one loves the tosh and another doesn't. I had a look at that spec for the sharp and it does read good but I have not found what the native resolution is yet. Your best bet is to do a few viewings as you will be the one who is looking at it. I can see blemishes on a picture from about a mile away!! I wish I didn't but there you go.

All of the sets have their own glitches and it took me ages to decide on the phillips but even then I missed about the actual picture size. the bigger the screen the more chance of seeing glitches so your lcd might be the best option and it does look neat.

Buy it where you can easily return it. and do a search on here in the lcd section for views.

gb--

8. MahaRaja

MahaRaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    Hi,

I'm in the same position! After an unexpected early demise (tube gone) of my 32" Tosh, which was less two years old. Even though I was quite happy with my old TV, I don't want to have the same model, due to its poor reliability, luckily I purchased it from JL, who gave me a full refund.

I'm looking for good 32" 100Hz telly, I mean with the least 100Hz nasties, must have at least two RGB Scart sockets. I don't watch Football much.
    With 50Hz, you tend to get eye strain if you watch long enough.

Cheers :thumbsup: