Anyone rec'd their Pioneer 2011 from Unbeatable?

is it because there are arriving new units :clap: or the people are starting to cancel orders? :devil:

with reference to your order. You are now number 25 in the queue. Pioneer are hoping to ship a larger delivery this month with a lead time of mid March. They have said that most of our orders should be cleared on that intake but we have not had final confirmation as yet. We will let you know as soon as we can.

Kind Regards,
Maria Eggleden
Customer Services, unbeatable.co.uk

Gus

Originally posted by mutley
is it because there are arriving new units :clap: or the people are starting to cancel orders? :devil:

Very good point mutley, I would think a fair few 2011 pre-orders with Unbeatable have been swapped to pre-orders for Denon 3803's considering people will get them quicker and they're pretty much the same price with Unbeatable.

I suggest even more people consider that option so I move higher up the 2011 list :D :devil:

Hifibitz say my 2011 should be here at the end of this week or start of next. I've been waiting over 4 weeks and I am not a patient guy. The 3803 is looking tempting, but I would prefer the 2011.

One thing that annoys me about the 3803 is that the retail price is higher here than in the US, $1199 so it should be £775 here, not £850. The Pioneer is $1400, £900 here which is an almost exact conversion.

Of course you can find them both online from authorised dealers in the US for $8-900 (£520-£580) :mad:

I found it comical that in a review of the Pioneer in Hi-fi News it said they didn't think there was a lot of profit being made on the 2011 at £900. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Daneel
I found it comical that in a review of the Pioneer in Hi-fi News it said they didn't think there was a lot of profit being made on the 2011 at £900. :rolleyes:

Depends who you mean with regards to making the profit.

Dealers will still clear their usual profits (as can be seen already in the pricings offered by the usual suspects). I thought Hi-Fi News meant that at the price point, it's Pioneer themselves who won't be making a big margin... and I agree, I don't see how they can be making much at all on the 2011.

I personally feel this amp is Pioneer's attempt at dominating the mid-price domestic AV amp/receiver market at the expense of short term profits but with a view to their next two or three similar product releases making them larger margins and selling into a smartly prepared market place.

It could be one of the few occasions where the consumer and the manufacturer win. Although I think companies like Sony, Yamaha and even Denon will lose some ground due to Pioneer's strategy.

juboy

You could well be right in what you are saying but we have no way of knowing how much Pioneer is making. I had a look at the review again and they did say Pioneer can't be making much profit.

If we follow that track of thought, then the 1011 must have even smaller margins as I can't see the extra features of the 2011 costing very much to implement. It is basically the same receiver.

I really don't care about who is making the money though, all I care about is the price I am charged. As my comparision to US prices shows, retailers could charge a fair bit less than they do here and still make a profit.

[Edit] Before anyone points it out I am aware that our huge sales tax of 17.5% plays a part in this.

Daneel,

Perhaps you should consider an Arcam as an alternative? they're hopefully more expensive in the US;)

Bonsey,

I looked at the AVR200, but I think the 2011 will kick it's ass to be honest. It certainly does feature wise.

I took that into account when buying my speakers. B&W are cheaper here than in the US, had I been there I probably would have gone with Axiom or Paradigm. When I contacted Axiom about buying their speakers here the mark-up was huge. Of course, air-freight played a big part in that, along with VAT and customs duty :eek:

Originally posted by Daneel
If we follow that track of though, then the 1011 must have even smaller margins as I can't see the extra features of the 2011 costing very much to implement. It is basically the same receiver.

I know what you're saying, the main elements are the same, but you can bet Pioneer are paying a fairly hefty per unit premium to include the AIR studios logo and tuning plus the auto-setup system on the 2011.

I reckon that adds at least £100 to their cost price per unit.

And the fact that Pioneer are air-freighting them into the UK in order to clear the backlog rather than the much cheaper land route, will also nibble at their profits...

Latest from Unbeatable :-

Dear unbeatable Customer,

With reference to your order for the Pioneer VSXD2011S. Pioneer have
advised us that there will be a shipment this month, it is a special
delivery that they are bringing in to attempt to clear the majority of
their orders but the stock will still be on allocation and quantities
are
yet to be announced. They are unable to advise at this stage of a
definite date but have stated that it will be this month. As they are
unable to provide an eta at this time, the indications are that it will
be
at least mid March. We will let you know as soon as an arrival date
has
been confirmed.
Thank you for your continued patience and we will be in touch as soon
as
we have some news.

Dazed - I just got the same email. Strange, as they'd already told us this and it's already the 6 March now... there's only 25 more days in the month, surely they must by now know which planes they've booked the shipment on to? With little over three weeks til the end of March, it seems odd that they're confirming delivery by at least mid-March (er, next week then?) but still can't say when...

I've also emailed them back requesting my updated que number, just to see whether the next shipment will actually see me finally getting my hands on a 2011.

juboy-

I've waited so long now - over 5 months if you count the wait for an SR7300 which I cancelled - that I've kind of reached a zen state of calm over the whole thing.

What is bugging me though is that I have an urge to upgrade my DVD player and Gallo NM 5.1 which haven't even been connected to an AV amp yet!

Damn these forums.

think you need a doctor! take it easy.... :lesson:

Originally posted by Dazed
I've waited so long now - over 5 months if you count the wait for an SR7300 which I cancelled - that I've kind of reached a zen state of calm over the whole thing.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm not actually bothered either, I have a perfectly good amp at the moment anyway. In fact, I don't really know why I'm even upgrading :confused: :D

I would actually probably cancel the 2011 other than the fact it seems a shame to after a six week wait, as it's (presumably) arriving imminently.

I reckon there'll be more than a few smart cookies out there buying at Unbeatable's £655 and then selling them brand new/unopened on eBay for £800 :eek:

Dazed, I'm now number 22 in the que... which I'm guessing makes you about number 2?

Now I'm worried... I was number 42, I'm now number 22... will the next shipment include more than 22 units for Unbeatable I wonder?

juboy-

wooohoooo number two(ish) - looks like I'll definitely get one. If this is a special delivery, airfreighted from Japan then I would have thought that Unbeatable would get at least 20+. After all the intention of Pioneer is to clear the majority of the backorders - Unbeatable must represent a fair chunk of it due to their amazing price.

Still knowing my luck mine will be dead out of the box - and they'll be all out of stock by the time I tell em.

wooohoooo number two(ish) - looks like I'll definitely get one.

Yeah, you're safe I'm sure :smashin:

Still knowing my luck mine will be dead out of the box - and they'll be all out of stock by the time I tell em.

:D Nah, I'm sure Pioneer are going to make sure, as much as they can, that all of these babies work... and work well :)

Anyone got an update on this?

My 2011 is on order from HifiBitz. They said I might get it last week from the usual shipment that was on allocation but were giving no guarantees.

Nothing has turned up so I'm going to assume I'll have to wait for the big shipment like everyone else. Just wondering when that might be.

Unbeatable are still claiming their stock will be going out before end of March.

Mind you, it's now getting on for the 18th and they've not sent out any expected dates. Surely they must have a clear idea of which planes this special delivery is booked onto by now?

Anyone else getting the feeling that the 'end of March' Pioneer 2011 delivery from Unbeatable is now looking highly unlikely? :(

Dazed... good news for you fella, Pioneer got 14 units in to the country for Unbeatable TODAY. You should get yours by Wednesday latest.

Apparently a second batch is coming in on Wednesday or Thursday but Unbeatable don't know if there'll be enough to cover my order (I'm now 20 in the que).

So, definitely good news for some people :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom