Anyone Read David Baldacci.

Garrett

Reaction score
Was asking this question but found the answer.
Has anyone read this book if so without giving any spoilers, does the con artist plot line meet up with the Camel Club plot?

So does anyone read him and whats there favorite so far.
Mines been The Hit and the first in the series of The Camel Club.

Last edited:
It is book 2 of the Camel Club series
yes and I found out my question.
she teams up with the Camel Club at her parted husbands funeral who death the club looking into. I belive shes in the 3 book which I don't have yet although cant see he becoming a member of the club although shes a good character and very handy

You should also read his books in the Amos Decker series
David Baldacci Categories Amos Decker Series
I read most of his different series Maxwell and King, John Puller which the second in the series I thought way better than the first. And read all the Will Robie which the middle 2 I thought the best The Innocent and The Guilty were more detective story's than assassins.The Hit my favorite book of the last 2 years.
I read The Memory Man and have The Last Mile.
And rate his stand alone Absolute Power very high.
I have read 12 of his books and have most of the others, about 4 missing not including shot story's and the one that.s similar to the Hunger Games.

:clap: Just got an e-mail that this is coming out soon SPOILER for The Hit and possibly others leading up to this story. End Game (Will Robie series): Amazon.co.uk: David Baldacci: 9781447277408: Books
End Game is the fifth book in the thrilling Will Robie series by international number one bestselling author David Baldacci.

London is on red alert. Will Robie, as the US government’s most lethal assassin, is called in to foil a terrorist attack on the London Underground. An attack serving as a test run for a much larger plot to take place on US soil. Trained to neutralize threats without leaving a trace, he’s an indispensable asset to his country.

But then reports come in that his mentor, Blue Man, real name Roger Walton, has gone missing while visiting his home town in Colorado. Fearing he’s been kidnapped, Robie, and fellow agent Jessica Reel, are sent to investigate. The high-ranking CIA official holds secrets that could threaten national security if released and so only the best will do in tracking him down.

This tight-knit community close to the Rocky Mountains holds many secrets and people there are more than willing to take the law into their own hands at the first sign of trouble. To them, two government agents are just that.

As their investigation deepens, Robie and Reel come into contact with white supremacists and a cult that call themselves the King’s Apostles. But are either group implicated in the disappearance of Walton? When the truth emerges it will test them both to their very limits . . .

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Finished Mr Baldacci third in the series of the Camel Club Stone Cold. Although it could be read as a standalone story does help if the read book 2 The Collectors.
The Collectors is not as good as the first in the series but is good, and introduces a character who's plot line continued in to Stone Cold.
In this story it continues from a con in book 2 and there is also a killer who is killing ex-agents and people who were involved with an assassination, Oliver Stone/John Carr is one on the list but then John Carr is dead!
Baldacci again manged to have a few plots going from the heroes point of view and some from the antagonist side but is a master of keeping them tidy so you never not know whats going on. The only fault with the book is one part is a bit fantastic were someone pulls something off nigh impossible.

Of the 3 books so far Id say in percentages to give their place. 1/94% 2/84% and 3/97% and so far this is my book of the year.

I spotted this on sale at The Works £2 for the paperback, can be sent to your local Works if you open an accout or already have one. They may even have in store.
I not got round to reading this one yet.
King And Maxwell by David Baldacci | Crime Books at The Works

King and Maxwell encounter teenager Tyler Wingo when he has just received the tragic news that his soldier father has been killed in Afghanistan. But then Tyler receives an email from his father . . . after his supposed death.

Sean and Michelle are hired to solve the mystery, and their investigation leads to deeper, even more troubling questions. Could Tyler's father really still be alive? Was his mission all that it seemed? Has Tyler's life been a lie, and could he be the next target?

It's clear that King and Maxwell have stumbled upon something even more sinister when those in power seem intent on removing them at any cost. Determined to help and protect Tyler, their search for the truth takes them on a perilous journey which not only puts their lives at risk but arrives at a frightening conclusion.

BTW deal of the day on Amazon is the full series of >The Camel Club< all £1.19

The second book is a story more or less story in itself but has a thread that continues into the third.
Description of the first book.

The Camel Club by bestselling sensation David Baldacci is the exciting first instalment of a breathtaking series.

The man known as Oliver Stone has no official past. He spends most days camped opposite the White House, hoping to expose corruption wherever he finds it. But the stakes are raised when he and his friends, a group of conspiracy theorist misfits known as The Camel Club, accidentally witness the murder of an intelligence analyst. Especially when the authorities are seemingly happy to write it off as a suicide.

For Secret Service agent Alex Ford, monitoring the 'investigation', the suicide verdict doesn't ring true. As punishment for sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, he is reassigned to bodyguard duties. His abilities are tested to the limit when he is sent to protect the President during a visit to his hometown, where a terrorist cell has spent months plotting an event that will shake the world.

Meanwhile, America's powerful intelligence chief Carter Gray is unnerved when he glimpses the face of an old acquaintance in Arlington Cemetery - but it is the face of a man supposedly long dead . . .

And as The Camel Club is poised to expose a conspiracy that reaches into the heart of Washington's highly secretive corridors of power, Alex Ford finds out that his worst nightmare is about to happen . . .

I just got Davids latest in the Will Robie series End Game. I was only looking for the HB version in Sainsbury's on Thursday and did not see it and saw in the evening it was on Amazon £6.99.
Goodnes knows why the delivery person did not use the doorbell which I have connected to the box in the lounge and hall so can't fail to hear it anywhere in the house yet had to go across the road as they left it there:confused:

I just finished his True Blue. It's a one of story which if he wanted could be turned into a series.
Not one of his best but far from the worst of his, it occasionally pops into irrelevant things not to do with the main plot but still wrote in the easy style that keeps you interested. Again he has a team of a female and male leads, readers of his books will not be disappointed with this book.

I finished his End Game and was slightly disappointed like the story before in the same series The Guilty, Robie and Reel are turned into detectives although not the same extent and there is a fair bit of action.
Amazon have two of his books which I think are there for the month only at £1.19 Zero Hour the first in the John Puller series which for someone classes as Jack Reacher again seem to be a detective. Also The Last Man Standing which is a totally stand alone book with no more of the main character in later books.

Before I make what the post is about The Hit on at 99p on Kindle at present.

David got a new character in a book out today Long Road to Mercy introducing Atlee Pine
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Long-Road-Mercy-Atlee-Pine/dp/150987433X/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8

Long Road to Mercy is the heart-pounding first novel in the FBI Special Agent Atlee Pine series by bestselling author David Baldacci.

‘Eeny, meeny, miny, moe . . .’

It is thirty years since FBI special agent Atlee Pine’s twin sister, Mercy, was taken from the room they shared as young children. Notorious serial killer Daniel James Tor, was caught and convicted of other murders, and while there’s no proof, Atlee believes he knows what happened to Mercy. Tor still resides in a high-security prison in Colorado.

Assigned to the remote wilds of the western United States, Atlee has never stopped the search for her sister, and, wracked with survivor’s guilt, she has spent her life hunting down those who hurt others. She will always ask herself, ‘Why her, and not me?’.

Now, Atlee is called in to investigate a case in the Grand Canyon when a mule is found dead with strange carvings on its body, and its rider missing. She knows about killers and perhaps understands them better than any profiler in the FBI, but it soon becomes clear that she will need to put her skills to the ultimate test in this investigation.

It seems that Atlee will now have to confront a new monster.

And face the one of her nightmares.

There a TV film on tomorrow Dec 2nd of one of David's novels, but not one of his thrillers but a Christmas story.
The Christmas Train. 6.10pm Ch5

I have read quite a few Baldacci books, John Puller, Amos Decker and Wil Robbie series. I did read the camel club, but didnt like it. So didnt read the other books in the series. I have enjoyed the other series I have mentioned quite a bit. The Amos Decker probably being my favourite series.

I have read quite a few Baldacci books, John Puller, Amos Decker and Wil Robbie series. I did read the camel club, but didnt like it. So didnt read the other books in the series. I have enjoyed the other series I have mentioned quite a bit. The Amos Decker probably being my favourite series.
The Camel Club the second series I like best after Will Robbie but the last 2 been beit of a disappointment and think that may be the last of them as he seems to stop at 5 with a character.
If you not spoted my Kindle recommendation Absolute Powers still on at 99p middle 3rd got a bit slow but the last 3rd a rollercoaster.

Redemption, the latest Amos Decker book (No.5) will be available for the kindle tomorrow.

Kindle version of >Hell's Corner< which is part 5 and the last of the Camel Club series is on at 99p and probably for the rest of May.
My favorite series so far after Will Robie.

On the night of the State Dinner honouring the British Prime Minister, Oliver Stone witnesses an explosion as the motorcade leaves the White House. A bomb has been detonated in what looks like a terrorist plot directed at the President and the Prime Minister.

In the aftermath, British MI5 agent Mary Chapman, an experienced, lethal operative with an agenda of her own, is sent to assist and coordinate the investigation alongside American authorities. Stone, together with Harry Finn, Alex Ford and the rest of the Camel Club, is drawn into the inquiry.

But everything is not what it seems, and what happened in the park may not have been the actual plan. It seems the mysterious attackers had another target in their sights, and it's up to the Camel Club to stop them, or face the catastrophic results.

A stand alone on of Davids which could be on till the end of the month on cheap 99p The Winner.
As is The Memory Man the first in the series of Amos Decker.

About 80% of Divine Justice and most of the threads have come together and got me wondering how the heck things are going to get sorted by the end of the book.
Looks like the next in the series of the Camel Club is the last.:(
Although not had the highs of the Will Robie been more consistent.

Just been reading Davids character first book Atlee Pine/Long Road to Mercy Im find it very slow going so fat a quarter of the way though and even a full chapter about her going weight training, hope it gets going soon.
I see there a third in the series where she teams up with John Puller hope that puts a bit of action into the story, although got 3/4s of this and book 2 to go.

I used to read a few good David Baldacci books like 16 years ago. THen lost track of what was new for his books.

I did enjoy the first two books that were about a guy and a woman where they were FBI agents or whatever

I used to read a few good David Baldacci books like 16 years ago. THen lost track of what was new for his books.

I did enjoy the first two books that were about a guy and a woman where they were FBI agents or whatever
King and Maxwell?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom