1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone rate Onkyo?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bertha, Nov 12, 2004.

Tags:
  1. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    There's so much chat about Denon, Pioneer, Yamaha that you rarely hear about Onkyo..any owners out there who love their Onkyo amps who would consider getting one of the newer models?

Any thoughts welcome...

awrabest
    berth :smoke:

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the New Flag Ship Onkyo AV Amp at the What Hifi show but unfortunately it was only on display, it looked good and was huge shame we could not hear it :(

John

3. bass007

bass007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Hi there,

I do rate Onkyo I have an 898 THX reciever is is untill last couple of weeks ago was just average, untill I hooked up 8 Musical Fidelity mono blocks and suprisngly didn't sound that much better than its own power section!!

Anyway I also tried a Rotel 1075 oin the power section which I loaned from local dealer and that wsn't any improvement either, so just shows how it is I will now forget upgradinging it for now and perhaps upgrade my M&K K series to 150 package, oh the onkyo drives the M&K speaker extremely well and IMHO much better than Pioneer & Denon.

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that AV amplifiers and Receivers have come on leaps and bounds in the last few years and can now not be ruled out has haveing not up to the mark power amps inside them.

John

5. z5461313

z5461313

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
    I like them too

I borrowed a 601 from a dealer to try and the effect placements was really more noticeable than my current yam. They were more precise and its true what the reviews say in that they really lock the effect to the speaker accurately - which is a good thing

Also for music it was bril

The new 702 thx select looks to be a super buy

6. bertha

bertha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    you're right z5461313...it's very tempting indeed..

Finding online retailers that sell Onkyo receivers particularly the new models is a bit like hens teeth, I 've had a good hunt around and keeping coming up empty..anyone know of a good online retailer that sells Onkyo products?

I'm going to give my local seven oaks a call (Edinburgh) to see if they are going to get any in..

Cheers for the replys so far..

berth :cool: