1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone purchased a 23" 16ms TFT?

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Dextur, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Dextur

Dextur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
  2. AML

AML

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +229
    Yes.
    I have the older 22" and a 30" model both from LG.
    I have nothing bad to say about them.

Both of my monitors support a max resolution of 1280X1024 through DVi digital or RGB analog.

The 30" also has component inputs which i use for my PS2, XBox and Game Cube.

The quality of all these monitors is good. The resolution may not seem high, but because these are LCDs, they dont need such a high resloution to get the same results as with a CRT monitor.

I was lucky coz i actually know somone who works at LG, Japan. Hes the boss there and he gave me each monitor for the very cheap price of 500 quid! Honest!

3. Dextur

Dextur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
    the 23" supports 1600x1200
    Really I need feedback on this exact panel, but thanks for the general thumbs up

4. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bought the Sony yesterday from Savastore based on a few US customer reviews. Apparently HL2 in widescreen looks awesome. I can see a lot of PC stuff eventually going the ws route so I thought I'd give it a whirl. 2-3 days for stock delivery so it will be some time next week when it hoves into view. Can't wait. £1309.93 inc. VAT and delivery.

5. Dextur

Dextur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
    Ahh fan-tast-ic, please ,please, please come back to me and let know how you get on , ghosting etc. BTW, Do you know it's only just occurred to me it's a widescreen panel - DOH!!!!, Still that may look ever better, Do you know does Call of Duty etc support Widescreen ? How does XP deal with it?

£1309 is a great price, can you post/pm me with the link

6. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
  7. Dextur

Dextur

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,742
    Cool
    Thanks

Found it a few quid cheaper again here
    http://www.rlsupplies.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=2734

Wonder if the advent of the 12ms panels will bring a decent reduction come January, still you got to just buy it and live with it, you can wait forever until the latest thing comes down in price

8. cameronl

cameronl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I play COD united offensive (online) in widescreen on my projector and it's sooooo cool!

CaM

9. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I saw the 232 for sale cheaper than the 234 but the reviews I read were for the 234 so I went for that model. I don't know if there is any difference but I didn't want to take any chances. Picking up from Amtrak tonight.

10. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. chicken balti

chicken balti

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, didn't get a chance to set up the monitor until Saturday night (bloody Christmas shopping) but what is immediately clear is that it is a 16:10 aspect ratio panel. In HL2 there is a 16:9 and 16:10 option, you need to choose 16:10 in order to access the 1900x1200 res. I checked the panel on a white and black background and took a careful look over it, no dead or stuck pixels, phew!

It comes on a nice circular brushed aluminium base with all the tilt and swivel options present and correct. I was a little disappointed though as there is no height adjustment, nor are there any USB connections. Controls are built into the right hand side of the screen bezel and are touch sensitive. Apart from on/off the controls are invisible until touched, at which point they light up brightly and clearly. Even the Sony logo is backlit, very classy.

Fed from the DVI output of an X800XT PE the picture is sublime. Any lag, despite being a 16ms panel, is either absent or unnoticeable to my eyes. Next to a Dell 21" 16ms TFT it has the edge in terms of clarity. However, the Dell has the edge in terms of contrast despite having a lower figure than the Sony's quoted 500:1, go figure. Once set up correctly it is a joy to use. The massive expanse of desktop space available in XP is superb, and no stretching either, everything is in proportion as it should be.

Only problem was trying to find wallpaper in 1900x1200. Found one of a model reclining on a motorbike, that'll do for now. So, well pleased and looking forward to other games that take advantage of a widescreen res. The lack of height adjustment and USB hub are the only downers.