1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Price-matched Sony KD32DX51 at John Lewis?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by scotting, Sep 8, 2004.

1. scotting

scotting
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to purchase a Sony KD32DX51, ideally from John Lewis to get the 5 year warranty

On the web you can get it for around £638.95 from a few shops so there is no way I want to pay JL £849.99, but if I could get them down to around £700 it is still better than buying from a unknown website as you get the JL delivery and someone to see if it goes wrong.

Has anyone successfully managed to get John Lewis to price match with another store? I have tried to get them to match with a couple of other shops (Digital Point in Birmingham, and RGB Hifi in Ilford) but they said neither had them in stock.

Oh and I though about getting it from unbeatable (good service previously) and tried to get them to match Digital Direct UK and they refused saying "there are some sites we don't pricematch and they are one of them". Tried to get an explanation on this but haven't had a reply!

2. Adcote

Adcote
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JL definitely pricematch with 'TV and Video Direct' of Bolton (who have a website and a retail store). They sell at very low prices and stock Sony, I believe.

3. scotting

scotting
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Microstar, but I just checked their website and it looks like they don't stock Sony TVs :(

4. GlennP

GlennP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy it from JL on Barclaycard and then get Barclaycard to do a price match within 60 days.

I was about to do this myself but unfortunately JL don't stock the Tosh TV I want.