Anyone prepared to give me an audition?

keelby1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure whether or not to upgrade my dvd player to prog scan for my ae100 or go down theHCPC route.

Obviously its very difficult to get a proper audition like I would with a stand alone.

Any chance of anyone letting me hear/see there set up? I'm based in Grimsby so Lincolnshire/Yorkshire area would best suit.

I'm a fish merchant so its got to be worth a bag of prawns or something.....

Hi,
I'm in Barton so you're more than welcome to pop over here and have a look at my HTPC hooked up to my Pioneer plasma. PM me and we'll sort something out ok.. Dunno how relevant it will be seeing as you've got an AE100 but it will give you an idea what you can do with a HTPC. It's no finished by any stretch of the imagination but it's getting there!

Cheers,
Andy.

I compared a HTPC to a phillips 962 ps dvd player a few months ago on an ae100 and wrote up my thoughts in the lcd projector forum but to summarise there wasn't much in it with the HTPC just having the edge at the expense of convenience.

The HTPC really comes into its own with the higher resolution pj's like the HS10 I now have and its ability to cheaply scale other sources like Sky.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom