Anyone playing Madison with a 5.1 setup?

Welsh Whirlwind

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone playing this game with a 5.1 surround speaker setup? I'm only getting a stereo sound-stage on my setup despite other games being fine, so assuming it must be the game?

I've tried switching between LPCM/Bitstream audio out modes etc, but no difference, plus audio out is set to AV receiver on the PS5. It seems it has headphone 3D audio support, but, at least as far as I can tell, nothing for surround speaker setups.

My setup is PS5 to Denon AVR X4200, to TV.

I have the physical disk PS5 version all updated etc.

Totally gutting as I was looking forward to hearing things from behind me etc. Would be keen to know other people's experiences.

Many thanks.

Just wanted to bump this. I've contacted the Dev directly and the distributor, also asked on Amazon where i bought the game from. No one has given me an answer, so I'm assuming it must be stereo only, but could really do with confirmation of this from an AV fan with a 5.1 setup. Thanks again

Extremely helpful and mature. May I suggest you pop over to Twitter to act like an 11yr old troll and leave AVForums. Thanks.

It's more than likely they wrote a response and then edited it, might be they replied to the wrong thread or posted the wrong information as you can no longer delete your own posts. I don't think they were stating for everyone to ignore this thread....

Extremely helpful and mature. May I suggest you pop over to Twitter to act like an 11yr old troll and leave AVForums. Thanks.
I replied to your message, but didn’t fully read your original post and then realised you had already covered what I was going to suggest. Apologies if you thought I was taking the mick, but there is no way to edit a post once submitted, so I just stated ‘please ignore’ (my post, not your thread).

I wish I hadn’t bothered at all tbh.

I replied to your message, but didn’t fully read your original post and then realised you had already covered what I was going to suggest. Apologies if you thought I was taking the mick, but there is no way to edit a post once submitted, so I just stated ‘please ignore’ (my post, not your thread).

I wish I hadn’t bothered at all tbh.
Ok, fair enough. Thanks for confirming and apologies about my response - it just looked like you were asking people to ignore my post. Thanks for clarifying.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom