Anyone playing earth and beyond ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by monkeyleader, Dec 29, 2002.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Hey all,

Came across the following on gamespy - thought Id give the demo a go http://www.earthandbeyond.ea.com ... anyone playing this ? Looks like elite from the spectrum days .. but online and massive ...

looks cool ...

monkey

2. timoth999

timoth999

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

The reviews I have seen say its great for the first 10 hours but then gets very repetitive. I don't think it is like elite in the long run.

3. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Perhaps its cause Im still inside that first magic 10 hours, but what fun. I love online games and I really loved elite (in fact still play it from time to time) This gives me the chance to go do all the things I wanted to do in elite but couldnt on 48k ;) The sound the graphics, the game play are all great - Ill let you know post 10 hour syndrom how its going, but for now :D :D :D

cheers,

monkey

4. Nitro

Nitro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have thinking on download the demo but i'm not sure, should I download it?

5. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Ive now been playing this for the past week. Okay its not going to be everyones cup of tea as its quite involved - but for me, and obviously a lot of people, its cracking. Ordered the full game from amazon and it arrived yesterday - now have taken out a 3 month installment. There are a few things that really appeal to me

- the game continues and evoles even when you are not there
    - you can just spend hours exploring the galaxy
    - even so early in the game (about 10 hours gameplay) there are loads of missions. I take one mission and you take a different mission and we might not see each other again for 2-3 weeks, but then all of a sudden run into each other in some distant galaxy.
    - its Elite with a 3D graphics implant

So yes download it - takes a while as its about a Gb in size, then about 30 minutes to install and configure - you get a 5 day demo so well worth it ... hook up with me (monkeyleader) if you come online and I can show you the ropes.

cheers,

monkey

6. Nitro

Nitro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh you got me, i'm going to download tommorrow so, when i came here at night is complete.
    I post you here when is finished. ;)

7. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I played the beta, and to be honest I didn't think much of it. It's very "2d", it looks like space, and you're in a space ship, but it's like you're travelling along the ground because you can't go up or down very far.

Spending half the time in warp isn't really a lot of fun either and the stations aren't interesting. Missions were ok but generally repetative.

My favorite character was an explorer but I found it quite frustrating that there really wasn't anywhere to explore. Yeah I got points everytime "I discovered" a new place, but it had already been discovered by everyone else.

Personally I'm waiting for Eve and Star Wars Galaxies. Out of the two I have highest hopes for Eve :)

8. FishCake

FishCake
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow Eve looks like it could be really something !

Never heard of it before, thanks for the tip. I've been following SWG for a while, but somehow missed this game.

Roll on March :D

FishCake