Anyone played a DTS-HD disk on the E1 ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by bboy-mass, Dec 27, 2006.

1. bboy-mass

bboy-mass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Found some German HD disks on a site today i.e. Ramba II in DTS-HD:)

Anyone listened to DTS in HD yet? And will we be getting them over in the UK?

Must sound awesome.

R.
    Nigel

2. HeweyBoy101

HeweyBoy101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    It is lossless, so potentially should sound as good as DolbyTrueHD,

But ... at present there is no way to actually hear the DTS HD track, as none of the currently available Toshiba players can decode it. This may come with a future firmware upgrade. On the first generation US machines, DolbyTrueHD was added sometime after the initial launch.

What happens currently is that your player will extract "core" DTS out of the DTS HD soundtrack. This is still very good - giving you a quality DTS track at 1.5mbs.

DTS HD tracks on HD DVD are quite rare (it seems to me that Dolby is more aligned to HD, and DTS to Bluray). The DTS HD tracks on HD seem to be on some of the European (or other non-US) releases. I might be wrong. You've mentioned Rambo. I think The Pianist is another?

3. lrbh

lrbh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I think all the Studio Canal titles has the DTS-HD MA track. At least all the titles i've checked.

I think the english DTS-HD tracks on the german discs are only 1500Kbit. I played Running Scared on my 360 addon in PowerDVD and the german track was about 2500Kbit bitrate, but when i switched to the english track, it was only 1500Kbit (Same as DD+). Maybe only the german tracks are lossless (DTS-HD Master Audio) ?