• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone played 4K UHD Hacksaw Ridge on Xbox One S, any problems?

Waynej

Distinguished Member
I've noticed issues before with Blu-ray playback on the S, where the video will skip forward a few seconds from time to time. It's typically infrequent and not repeatable.

However, with last night's viewing of Hacksaw I noticed the issue several times and for the first time could repeat it by rewinding and watching the same scene again.

Just wondered if it's an issue with the disc or the Xbox itself. Anyone here noticed similar?

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
I bought it from the US a couple of months ago and watched it, I think I had one very short skip, but it was fine apart from that. Certainly nothing like you're experiencing. Could this be a bad manufacturing process? Only way to tell would be to exchange the copy for a new one I guess.

steb9780

Prominent Member
I have had it on the odd disc on the One S. But it always seems to be a fair way into a film. I don't really know the ins and outs of how blu-rays are made. But it reminded a bit of dvd's, think they had something called dual layer transition, it reminded me of that when it happened to me. Like I say though I don't know the structure of blu-ray discs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom