1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone play Sonus Faber concertinos with cd73t and a65+?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by James Mac, May 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. James Mac

James Mac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been trialling speakers for the cd73t and a65+
    MA sliver s1s and Dynaudio 42s were close, but I had reservations when playing one or two of the genres I listen to.
    (Tried B&W 602 s3 and 601 s3, and Mission m51s)
    Finally settling on the concertinos despite some recomendations to partner them with a more powerful amp.

Has anyone else demoed a similar combination and have opinions to share?

JM

2. mozart

mozart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got 5 Concertinos driven by Arcam DV29 and Primare SPA20 and A30.2 (front). They sound absolutely fabulous, whatever music you throw at them. Sweet, refined, clear and quick. They really came to life when I added the A30.2, so they sound best with powerful amps, I guess. However, they were quite happy with my old Cyrus III as well. You might also consider adding a sub for low bass (such as the B&W PV1), although the bass they produce is tight and punchy, rather impressive for their size.

3. mozart

mozart
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got 5 Concertinos driven by Arcam DV29 and Primare SPA20 and A30.2 (front). They sound absolutely fabulous, whatever music you throw at them. Sweet, refined, clear and quick. They really came to life when I added the A30.2, so they sound best with powerful amps, I guess. However, they were quite happy with my old Cyrus III as well. You might also consider adding a sub for low bass (such as the B&W PV1), although the bass they produce is tight and punchy, rather impressive for their size.