1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Play Halo on XBConnect ?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by harrisuk, Apr 1, 2003.

1. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Anyone Play Halo on XBConnect ? If so we should get a Avforums Clan going. Quite a few people seem to have Xbox live on this forum so just wondering.

2. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do... just not very often anymore since XBox Live. But I'm certainly willing to play a few games :)

3. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Cool. I have Mech Assualt and Unreal. Been playing Mech Assault a bit bored with Unreal at the moment. Definately up for a few games of Halo though probably on Friday night is you are on then.

4. Rob.Screene

Rob.Screene

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi harrisuk,
    I followed your advice on the other halo online thread and am registered as Fluff100. I've created a new thread with a poll, as I can't believe how well it works and was easy to setup.

I'm away this coming week, but might be back for a Friday night blast of Halo.

I'm still learning the multiplayer maps, as I've not been able to play them before as I only have 1 controller.

Thanks again for this great tip.

regards,
    Rob.

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Your welcome. I am glad you like it. Its a shame more UK users dont use it. It really is an amzing bit of kit and its free. Very easy to setup as well.

Halo is still the best game on Xbox in my experience and the Multiplayer mode is excellent. A disgrace it was never live enabled and never will be. Never mind Halo 2 will be but we will have to wait.

I have to be honest. I rate this as a much better gaming experience than xbox live. And I am not biased. I have xbox live but find I play this much much more. You dont get the the young kids acting like idiots, Xbconnect seems to be a much more cultured crowd and you get the added benefits on the chat rooms.

There is also a much much better selection of games available on this than Xbox live and this is always likely to be the case. Any network enabled game works and there are loads of them - some real gems.

Time Splitters 2 for example. Great great game and brilliant multi player. cant wait to have a go with that on there (Probably this Friday).

Wasnt on last week just too busy but hopefully this Firday.

By the way my favorite levels are Blood Glutch and Side winder with all the vehicles on team slayer. I love driving round running people over :laugh:

6. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to get going on it at the moment. I just struggle because of the lag. It has so much more than XBox Live.

Of course, Halo 0wns so it is worth it :smashin:

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    What BB connection do you have ? I have a 600k NTL line. I only get lag when :

(1) Host has to many users for their connection.

(2) Several people playing from different regions.

My advice from expereience, play with UK, Dutch, Scandinavian users. Only Play in games with betweeen 4 and 8 players and ask what their upstream connection is. I will be honest there is no point trying to play someone who is hosting on a 128k line. They will be lucky to be able to join a game and be able to play.

600k = Host up to 4, play in games with up to 8.

1meg = Host up to 8

I do not recommend games of more than 8 players on xbconnect but I have seen games with 12 - 16 players work well.

One other point worth making. Close down all non essential programs on your P.C when running this if you are having problems, especially programs whitch use the net (Internet explorer etc...). It does not take up much processing power but anything running that can connect to the net can impact n performance.

8. mikeq

mikeq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I connected this up last night and had a couple of games of Halo, all I can say is I need a lot more practice, I'm totally pants at it. Still it was good fun.

Will probably give it another bash tonight, so if you are on there I registered as mikeq

Mike

9. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Yes I will probably be on tonight. I have not played for a while. Timsplitters 2 and my DC have been keeping me occupied.

I would also like to give Timesplitters two a go on there if I can. I think it is network enabled but have not cvhecked yet.