Question Anyone planning on a new TV &/or AVR?

New Start Neil

Distinguished Member
As per title really,

I’ve got an LG OLED 557V. I got it cheap and 2nd hand as it has a small burn in mark, which is only visible in certain scenes, so not really an issue.

However, we’re in the run up to the SX launch and in isolation so thinking changes. ;)

I gather that there aren’t any HDMI 2.1 AVRs yet, so that rules that out for a while, but I’m thinking of maybe upgrading my TV.

I need to also understand the full ins & outs of HDMI 2.1 to see what spending cash on this new kit will actually give me vs £ spent.

pjhaahl

Why not hold off on the TV use the Xbox with your existing equipment initially, and then upgrade after having it for a year or so then upgrade your TV/ AV gear. Give your console a new lease of life after getting used to it sort of thing.

guttersnipez

Yeah I’m thinking about upgrading my LG c7 oled.
To the cx oled.

Fe_man2000

I was considering it , and as my 1080p TV died forcing an early upgrade to 4K I now have to consider an AV receiver upgrade as my current one doesnt pass 4K through it. Likely I will wait until closer to black friday to see what I can get a deal on.

cuke2u

My q90r will be fine :)

Here's the info on HDMI 2.1:

Scroll down to where it says What is HDMI 2.1, Why it matters.

List of TV's that support HDMI2.1:

Indiana Jones

My plan was to get a LG 65CX during Black Friday to go with the X but given current circumstances I doubt that will be happening.

cuke2u

Here's the info on HDMI 2.1:

Scroll down to where it says What is HDMI 2.1, Why it matters.

List of TV's that support HDMI2.1:

To get hdmi 2.1 certification it is enough for the ports to have 'elements' of a 2.1 port, not all of them. Thus it is possible for '2.0 ports' to be compliant....

Last edited:

amardilo

Distinguished Member
I was planning on upgrading my AV receiver and TV with ones that have 4K and Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync but I don't think my family are too fond of that and want to downsize the AV gear. So I am most likely going to get a 4K TV with Adaptive-Sync/FreeSync and maybe a small Soundbar :(

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom