Anyone picking up the US release of Somewhere In Time?

Romero

Established Member
Reaction score
Just spotted a review on High Def Digest Somewhere in Time Blu-ray Review | High Def Digest, reviewer gave it a decent review, seems to be a step up from the poor dvd releases that have come before, just stuck an order into amazon, great score by John Barry and great performance by Christopher Reeves. Not sure about regional coding, it's Universal so should be region free, I'll post back here when it arrives, which could be a while as it's on the cheapest shipping option! Anyway post back if you have it already.

Dvdworldusa confirm it as region free. Ordered it yesterday from allyourmusic on the AmazonUK site so i'm hoping to have it in 7-10 days. Great movie.

Dvdworldusa confirm it as region free. Ordered it yesterday from allyourmusic on the AmazonUK site so i'm hoping to have it in 7-10 days. Great movie.
Yeah it's a great movie not for everyone, always brings a tear to my eye even more so with Christopher Reeves dead, actually think it's his best acting role. I don't expect the Bluray to be that sharp as I think it was filmed in soft focus, but according to the review the colors are more vivid, let us know what you think when you get it.

yeah,I don't expect the Bluray to be that sharp as I think it was filmed in soft focus, but according to the review the colors are more vivid, let us know what you think when you get it.thanks
weey

current available on amazonUK for a mere 119 pounds !

who are these idiots, International Film Club ? they have a lot of these overpriced listings.

allyourmusic must have taken down their listing or had limited supply. damn.

Had a quick scan through my copy today, comparing it to the Anchor Bay dvd. It's definitely an improvement but, as has already been pointed out, since the original photography was pretty soft to begin with, this is a gentle rather than a dramatic difference.

Still worth the triple dip (VHS, dvd, blu) to me though :)

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive ifs on a slow boat from the states!

Last edited:
So postman delivered my order this morning so sat down to have a quick look at it and ended up watching the whole movie again along with the pretty good documentary that was ported from the special edition dvd from a few years back. So picture quality is a step up from previous editions, there is one pretty terrible scene with a lot of noise present and that's near the start where the old Elise looks out the window, that's the only scene which I thought was poor picture quality. The 1912 scenes have a lot of soft focus style filming but they still look good colours are vibrant and current day Chicago which was filmed using different film stock looks nice and sharp, hadn't spotted William H. Macy in it before but he is one of the students apparently his first movie appearance. But it is the central performances from Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymour along with the lovely score by John Barry that I really love about this film, and it's even more poignant with the sad death of Christopher Reeve, I don't mind saying that I was crying manly tears at the end of it again!
Also hadn't watched the Back to Somewhere in time since the collectors edition, and damn I was crying again with Christopher Reeve talking about the death scene and how sometime after his accident he had some medicine that caused him to die for 70 seconds before they revived them and he said he was thinking of that scene in somewhere in time and the out of body experience and saying he had to go now.
Also one other thing that struck me when he jumps onto the horse drawn buggy with Jane the horse rears up a bit and nearly knocks him out of the buggy, which is kind of spooky considering the accident that he had.
Anyway well worth the purchase for fans, I know I will continue to buy this movie on whatever future formats come out!
Rip Richard Collier/Clark Kent/Superman=Christopher Reeve :(

Yeah it's a great movie not for everyone, always brings a tear to my eye even more so with Christopher Reeves dead, actually think it's his best acting role.
Same here, its a cold person that the end does not bring a least a lump to their throat.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom