Anyone own the Sony KP-61PS2?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Lizzard, Jan 11, 2002.

1. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am thinking of buying this set and wonder if anyone of you got one of these beasts at home and what you think about it?

I read the online review here and it got great reviews.

How is it compared to the Hitachi 55" 16:9 and would you recommend this Sony TV to me? i am going to watch mostly regular TV and watch DVDs.

I know it's a 4:3 telly but im mot limited to that as there are not a problem watching a DVD in letterbox on a 4:3 TV as it will get very large indeed.

2. Sprout Crumble

Sprout Crumble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Don't have one, though I agree about 4:3 being better. The Sony has had excellent revues but it does not do anamorphic NTSC so Region 1 won't look as excellent as they should do.

Make sure you have room for it as sitting too close to a picture this big shows too many flaws. I personally wouldn't sit closer than 9 or 10 feet to it.

3. Donald

Donald

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this model and I can say that it's an incredible picture. The w/s images are very large as you say and about the biggest you will get short of a full blown projection system. The only thing that can let you down is if your source is not up to scratch.