Anyone Own or Used a Kodak Z740 ?

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by GateCrasher, Mar 20, 2006.

1. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondering if anyone here has had any experience with this camera ?. Because i am basically new to Photography in general and would like a New Digital Camera.

I'm looking for something to start off with that would be ok for Wildlife Photography which i wish to start as a Hobbie. I did start a post a while back asking about slightly cheaper digital camera's like the Nikon Coolpix 4600.

But this Kodak is £152 from Amazon.co.uk or £154 from Jessops. and has 10x Optical Zoom and 5.0MP so i am thinking it would be a better investment of money.

Would Also like to know if this camera is ok for Indoor photo's as well because the Nikon's did'nt seem too hot indoors and i wish to take good pics indoors and outdoors.

2. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    seems a good little camera for the price,although my main concern with it is it has no image stabiliser, with a 10x optical zoom you would need this unless you have a very steady hand or are going to use a tripod, take a look at dp previews for a full review of this camera also if your looking at prosumer cameras take a look at the panasonic FZ5 similar size but a lot more bang for your buck, you could probably pick it up for just under £200. :cool:

3. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Beachy i have decided to take your advice and go for a better more expensive camera :thumbsup:.

I was looking at prices for the FZ5 and i found the cheapest was pixmania for around £230 which i could afford but now i find out they have stopped selling that and instead they only sell the Z7 for £280 which i can't afford lol.

Do you know of anywhere cheaper ? i have tryed ebay with no luck.

so i have started to look at similar camera's

Pixmania are selling the 10x Optical Zoom and 6.0MP OLYMPUS SP-500 UltraZoom for £199 but i found out that it has no Optical Image Stabalisation like the Kodak :(.

4. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    you can get the panasonic fz5 at WWW.PURELYGADGETS.CO.UK tel 02074746672 they are selling it for £228.59 at the moment, if your thinking of using pixmania (french company) for anything i would think twice and have a look at some of the threads on here about them, they have some terrible write up's and reviews.

5. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brilliant thanks have'nt seen that site before :).

what you rekon looks better Silver or Black ? :cool:

6. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    up 2 u mate, whatevers your preference. :D

7. GateCrasher

GateCrasher
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And its better than the Konica Minolta Dimage Z6 ?

8. beachy

beachy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    try going to dp previews website, there you can compare any 2 cameras side by side for specifications reviews colours etc, or maybe someone on here will come along and let you know about the dimage Z6, or try popping in to your local camera dealers and getting the feel of the cameras you like, at the end of the day it has to be your choice so just bite the bullet and go for it !