1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone own or have a review of LG Electronics plasma screens 42"+ ?

Discussion in 'LG TVs Forum' started by rsand2, Nov 9, 2003.

1. rsand2

rsand2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking for opinions or reviews of LG Electronics 42" (or bigger) plasma screens. A local retailer has floor models of their 42" and 60" screens and I'm considering purchasing one, but have had a very difficult time finding a review of them.

The only review I did read described the quality of the screen as "average", with a lack of more advanced controls and adjustment possibilities. But of course the screen is not as expensive as its Philips or Panasonic counterparts.

Please let me know if you have anything to say about these screens, thanks!

Best regards,

Richard

2. KevinWood

KevinWood
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Average just about sums them up (certainly the mz-42pz14 model I have!). That said for the price at the time it was still a good entry into Plasma's for ease of connection, etc, however now that the initial "Wow factor" has subsided, I am starting to see the little flaws here and there which make me want a bit better.

Given the price of the Panasonics and Hitachis' (which you can find out a lot about on these forums!) I would recommend you go for one of those, but as most people on here say, you should try to view a selection of well setup and connected models to find the best fit for you as each model has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Hope this helps,

Kevin.

3. General Panic

General Panic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Like Gant i also own the 14 model as off January this year. Been more than happy with it but now the difference in cost between the Panny's and LG is a lot lower i would be more inclined to look at the Panasonic or even the Hitachi's.

Good luck

Panic