Anyone own a TEAC?

Basinguy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Bit of a longshot here but does anyone own a TEAC CD Player or Amp and have access to an IR decoder?

I got an MC-D78 on the cheap because the CD drive was broken, no issue because I'm going to plug it into a Bluetooth receiver.

It also didn't come with a remote, but that wasn't supposed to be an issue for me since it Japanese it probably uses NEC protocol and I have a fair amount of experience with that and could come up with an alternative.
I bought a simple programmable remote from China which has the ability to 'learn' the codes and repeat them, for certain buttons.
I could find the codes needed using a DIY transmitter, then use that to program the Chinese remote, once I knew the codes it needed.

I setup an Arduino and programmed it to scroll through every NEC IR code combination (takes about 2 hours), the theory being when the amp turns on, i would know the successful code.

Only issue is that it reaches the end of all the possible commands and ... nothing.

I know my transmitter works because it can control my Yamaha amp, satellite box and HDMI switch (all known to use NEC protocol since i have the remotes and checked them). I also know the IR receiver on the amp works because i scoped the output pin and could see the pulses i sent being received.

What I now consider is if it uses some other protocol, RC5, RC6 or just raw values.
If anyone has a TEAC device and could 'sniff' the codes the remote is sending it might help me in the right direction.

Thank You

Do you know how to compile and upload the sketch to Arduino UNO ? Maybe I could help you to test the TEAC remote later.

Thanks for the reply, yes i can send you the Arduino code, do you have an IR led to try it with, or better a TEAC remote and an IR decoder, i can send you the decoder files

I just bought a TEAC TC-640N, which bundle this remote, I will use this remote to decode the IR signal. Update you later.
F36C3AAD-1DAA-4C08-BA93-F683E9D9ED36.jpeg

DD1478AA-D647-4007-B138-233DE5E6AFFE.jpeg

Checked, it is NEC protocol, this is a POWER button, 0xFFD02F (32bit).
If you need more detail, I could send the other buttons decoded value. Also the arduino sketch.

Thanks so much for that, was there any kind of repeater code given (Yamaha for example only accepts a code when followed by a repeat 0xFFFFFF)

Sadly I couldn't get it working :(
Even after several attempts. I checked the output from the IR receiver module and it looks good, so there must be some fault in the unit.

recently I resume another project related to IR too. So I upgrade the kit and revised my IR knowledge.

If you have some time, you can take a look at my project.
I got a fan with a small remote, but the remote transmission distance is not enough for my use.
I upgraded the kit (the photo in the previous reply), it can replay the IR signal if it is NEC protocol.

Also, TEAC TC-640N and the remote are still here. I can double-check the IR code and post at here.

If you would like to replicate my remote, you can clone my GitHub repository.

Keep in touch, and have a good day.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom