Anyone own a Philips 50PF9967D ?

Discussion in 'Philips TVs Forum' started by guv69, Mar 11, 2006.

1. guv69

guv69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Until I finally view the new Panasonic 42PX60 today, my mind was made up that which TV set I was going to buy. Whilst I agree with the other viewpoints that the cosmetics are poor compared to the older PV500, what I was really dissapointed with was the picture quality using freeview.

So, knowing that Costco currently have a voucher offer on the Philips 50PF9967D I'm now thinking this may be a good alternative.

Has anyone got one of these Philips sets and voice their opinions?

Cheers

2. stuart2

stuart2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
  3. guv69

guv69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    He he - Ive seen that one - and you replied to me in it! :)

I took your advice as it happens and decided to let the offer go. Even though the price is considerably less than available elsewhere, its still £700 more than I just paid for the 42PX60 with Ped and 5 year warranty.

I used to be indicisive, but now Im not so sure!!! I had hy heart set on the PV500 and ordered on the same day as someone posted in here they had placed an order - so cancelled. I managed to get a great pricematch with JL, but didnt have the PED at the time. Today I saw the PX60 in the flesh for the first time. I didnt like what I saw. The cosmetics (which I agree with everyone else is horrible compared to the PV500) wasnt as I hoped, but the picture quslity on freeview was what I didnt like. The shop said it was down to multi signal sharing etc, which if it were analogue, Id accept as fair comment - but not for a digital broadcast.

Having said that, as was mentioned, if it were bad, everyone would have commented - but they havent. Im assuming (hoping) that their comments were right.

So about 1 hour ago, I phoned JL who said they PEDS are now in stock and placed the order - £1649 which I think is the best anyone has got so far. Thats what swung it in the end!

4. stuart2

stuart2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    guv69, yes I see you were on the thread although my replies were to ask57. Well done with the purchase. I am still investigating as I shall be away for three weeks soon so there's no point in getting a plasma yet.

Did anyone out there on this forum get a Philips 50PF9967D from Costco last week?

5. stuart2

stuart2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14