1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a Panny 32 PL 4 ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Tel boy, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Ok it’s a New Year & I want a new telly.
    I have been on the verge of buying a new set a couple of times when out came a new model.
    I’m going to buy one now or I might never get a new set.
    I have narrowed it down to 2, both Panasonic’s, either the 32 PB 50 or the 32 PL 4.
    I have read mixed reports on the PB 50 some of you love it & some hate it.
    Having viewed the set in the local shops the 100 Hz looks very good. There does however seem to be a lot of reports on the forum of other faults with this model, (buzzing from rear speakers, dark bands on the screen etc.), which is putting me off it.
    I have also viewed the PL 4, which although only a 50 Hz TV did seem to have a very clean & sharp picture. (I assume this model is just a revamped PK2).
    I can’t recall reading any posts about the PL 4, is that down to no one owning one or the fact that this model has no faults (we wish).

Has any one got a PL 4 that could give a view of its performance, faults & all?

Thanks in advance, Tel.

2. andyclamp

andyclamp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic TX28PL4 and am really pleased with it.

The picture is really good, although when first delivered I thought it was a tad "Soft" or out of focus when compared to my old Sony 21" non-widescreen model.
    This was easily sorted by switching off one of the options under the Picture menu, but I can't remember at the moment which one it was. I will look when I get home..

Only hassle I had was breaking one of the glass shelves when assembling the stand.. Be really careful, as the bolts go through the glass, and a slight overtightening cracks it !!
    They do warn you though...

In summary, I think it is a good set..

3. Tel boy

Tel boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Andy, thanks for the reply,

So no rear speaker hum, black bands on the screen or geometry problems with the PL4?

I can’t decide between to PL4 & the PB50. :rolleyes:
    I viewed the PB50 again yesterday & the 100Hz is the best I have seen, to be honest if you weren’t looking for it I doubt that you would know it was a 100Hz set, that said I haven't viewed football on it yet. Should be paying another visit this weekend, hope the results are good.
    If they are I would be quite happy spending my hard earned on one of these sets…it’s just with my luck I’m bound to get one with all the faults possible. :rolleyes:
    I don’t mind having the engineer round to get the set adjusted to it’s optimum but if it’s an ongoing problem well that’s a different story.
    I suppose I could always buy the PB50 & if it’s loaded with faults that can’t be sorted get it changed for a PL4, best to have a plan.
    :D

Decisions Decisions, Tel.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tel,

Which set did you get in the end? Would be interested to hear of any experiences you had with the PB50 or the PL4 as am considering a Panny at the moment.

Cheers mate! :D

5. beavis

beavis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too! I'm also considering the following panasonics:

32pl1
    32pl10
    32pl4
    36pl30

I will also be interested what football looks like on it, as I want it ready for the World Cup!!!

Cheers

B.