1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a Limit FSW120 Sub?????

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by cabstar, May 7, 2005.

1. cabstar

cabstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have recently purchased the Limit DVDA900SE DVD player from play.com on looking at Limit's website I came across this sub woofer.

I have had a look on t'internet & don't appear to be any reviews. I am tempted to give it a try as a first sub to go with my Kef Coda setup. I don't want to spend a lot on a sub as my wife is taking some convincing that we need one :boring:

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards

Gary

Sorry here is a link http://www.limitelectronics.co.uk/product_detail.asp?id=34

2. Mroizouk

Mroizouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    As they are a manufacturer of home-cinema-in-a-box and budget dj equipment, I think you could do better elsewhere. (I haven't heard the limit, but they aren't reknowned for their subwoofers)

You could try a velodyne cht8 (£188) a mordaunt-short MS 309 (£229) or one of bk's subs (vita 50 + 100, £149 + £199 respectively or xls200 £279- click above banner)

These are only suggestions, do a search for budget subs on these forums and you'll find loads of info to help you out.

Also consider 2nd hand- see the classifieds section.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Not very good extension only hitting 40hz. The ms309 hits 35hz and the (old) Xls200 went slightly lower than the 309.

Whats your budget Cabstar??

4. cabstar

cabstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Hi

Budget is low as possible really, really difficult justifying it to the wife having spent a mini fortune on av gear in the last 18 months.

I was more curious about this sub as it looks ther part & the DVD player is very good with it being tuned by Cyrus.

Plus £150.00 delivered really sounds good.

Regards

Gary

5. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    12" driver
    only goes down to 40Hz
    only £150

doesn't really add up

decent 12" subs usually go a lot lower and cost a lot more

suspect it's a boom box but I must stress I have not heard it hence I cannot pass any judgments on this sub whatsowver...PJ :)

6. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Have to agree with PJTX100 with regards to a 12" driver only hitting 40hz. Most SVS 12" drivers hit 20hz and the now monoklith lits 17hz (claimed) so it sounds a little pants. Again I have never heard or seen one so I am only going on the specs and price.

If you fance being a guinee pig then get one and post your thoughts on it on here. We could have a new budget champ on our hands :D

Another option (with several happy owners on this forum) is theRuark Vita 100 on special offer at £199 + postage instead of £500. You could easily sell that saving to the Wife:devil: and its not so big:smashin:. The bonus is its rated as quite a good sub and not a boom box.