1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone own a Kef PSW 4000?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sunnyb, Apr 28, 2005.

1. sunnyb

sunnyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking of buying a psw 4000. Heard it in the demo room and sounded really boomy and punchy. Does anyone out there have one, and could tell me what they think of it? Any probs, regrets with it??

Cheers

2. RussKent

RussKent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sunny,

I run x 2 psw4000's , great sub well balanced, only probs i have had so far is cracks in the wall :)

3. sunnyb

sunnyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    woah!! you got 2!! Hope you have a detached house! Anyway, good to hear no real probs.

4. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,236
    If it sounded "boomy" then that's not good at all. A subwoofer should sound clean and tight with minimal distortion, and definitely no boominess.

5. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    crusty,

I think it was probably a figure of speech. I'm sure he knows if it sounded good or not.

6. Oi Oi Savaloy

Oi Oi Savaloy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I've got one,no regrets at all.Top piece of kit,extremely well built,not many people on here mention them for some reason,maybe they dont like them or something...I bought one after hearing a friends psw5000 and was blown away.it's more than ample for my little 2 bed semi.I also have Kef q4's,q compacts and q6c all in maple running of a Denon 3803..I did have the kef eggs before with a psw 2010,and this is different league....Hope that helps a little...Alan...

7. RussKent

RussKent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I am far from an expert but surely the subs performance depends upon the type of room, where its positioned and whats running it :confused:

8. sunnyb

sunnyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses guys. Taking a second demo today along with Rel Strata 5 and stampede.
    I know these two Rel subs are generally cheaper than retail price of Kef, but getting a great price on this particular Kef, thus in line with the Rel's.
    Just need to figure out which movie I should demo to get a real indication of full on sub action!