Anyone own a Harman Kardon amp

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DonMaico, Jul 8, 2004.

1. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a BK sub and wondered aboutv setting the correct output levels for it . The ezyset option does not include a sub setting and the manual mentionn using a test cd. if so can anyone recommend one? :)

2. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i just ran the usual pink noise test tone. ez set didn't work for me- it set the surround channels too high so just do it manually now, if you'll pardon the expression

3. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok will do. TY! Do you have your sub set at high level input or low( assuming you have a Bk or Rel that is ) , and if the former did you connect the leads to speaker outputs . I tried it with mine but the sub kind of made a vibrating sound so went back to low level.

4. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need either Digital Video Essentials or AVIA. AVIA was available as a Powerbuy on this Forum (check the Powerbuys section) or you can buy direct from www.ovationsw.com :)

Digital Video Essentials should be able from most on-line DVD retailers such as www.play.com

5. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TY Arcangel
    Avia looks a good idea .Isnt Digital video essentials more for setting plasma tvs?

6. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can use either/or. Digital Video Essentials has some advantages over AVIA in terms of it's speaker setup test tones (has EX/ES tones including both Dolby and DTS test tones) but AVIA has more Video tests. I have both and use some things on one and bits from the other. :)

7. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok mate ty :thumbsup:

8. DonMaico

DonMaico

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

In just been watching the digital video esentials and I must say i am bit confused. first thing is ithe picture freezes paqrticularly when I get into the the video test signals area.Think I must have a faulty disc as i keepo having to pressthe shift key on my dvd remote . The rest of the dvd runs ok but on the setting the audio levels it says about setting the volume at reference level- what might that be? Presumably I need an SPL as I point in the appropriate manner what do I do ? There is also all that stuff about buzz and rattle- impressive noises but what am I meant to do about it???
    As Far as video instructions troubleshooting I was completely lost there.Whish they would produce some literature to go with it as I am the sort of bloke who needs to read things over and over before I get it( anything technical that is) appreciate any advice Arcangel :smoke: :)