1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ordered from empire.co.uk?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by panama, Jun 5, 2004.

1. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have read most of the posts and think I have been put off the Hitachi 42pd5200, due to transformer noise and colour problems.

So this leaves me either:

Panny 42PWD6

Panasonic TH-42PW6B

Fujitsu P42VHA30

I want it in silver and the option to buy now and pay in 12months (the company bonus is due next march).

empire.co.uk are offering the Panasonic TH42PW6B http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/productdetails/finance.asp?modelcode=PAN-TH42PW6B for £2380:00 including a scart board but no tuner.

any thoughts, please re-assure me this is a good model to buy :lease:

2. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is it a good model?

Well it's certainly a popular model with a lot of folks around these parts.

As for your suggested retailer, people have very mixed experiences with Empire Direct. Some swear by them, others swear at them.

I would have a quick search here for posts relating to them and also have a look at the customer feedback at places such as www.priceguideuk.com and other price comparison sites.

Their telephone aftersales I found to be absolutely abysmal, in my particular case they despatched an item a week after the order had been cancelled. Trying to get it collected and a refund issued occupied more of my time than I care to think about.

Personally, I will never order from them again!

Their prices are not especially keen either, for what you're looking for I would suggest some of the other companies who are popular on here such as NexNix and AV Sales (not that these are the only ones).

If buy now pay later is especially important to you, I'd say get a new piece of plastic with a 0% option on balance transfers until next March. That way you can pick and choose who you purchase from.

Oh yes and these other companies will allow you to demo screens before buying and you can actually speak with someone if you have a problem. Contrast that with ED where they're not "allowed" to make outgoing calls.

3. panama

panama
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    AOD - cheers for that, I'll keep looking.

4. Gazzad

Gazzad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Panama

Try the special offers forum for great offers on the Panny models from AV-Sales, great service apparently.