Anyone ordered an XE1 from Amazon?

J

jayboiii

Anyone pre-ordered an xe1 from amazon? Just with some people reporting their orders for the e1 being cancelled, wondering if anyone has had their xe1 order cancelled as yet? Had my xe1 on order for a little while and had no news (hopefully that's good news)

hi

Ordered Toshiba XE-1 yestrerday and from the email I got it's being despatched on 31st december delivery 3rd - 6th January. I'm not holding my breath as the dates have been changed a lot in the lst few months but I live in hope.

ordered mine way back at the start of the pre orders for £504 mine still states 3rd to 6th jan :devil: ...MMMmmm i also live in hope....:rolleyes:

I ordered on the 17th October for £504, my est date is 3rd - 4th Jan 2007

Still got, Delivery estimate: 4 Jan 2007 - 8 Jan 2007 on mine.

Placed mine on October 17th @ £504 with the Delivery estimate: 3 Jan 2007 - 4 Jan 2007, I paid the extra £5 odd for 1st Class Delivery. :)

Still unchanged for me.
Dispatch estimate: 31 Dec 2006
Delivery estimate: 3 Jan 2007 - 4 Jan 2007

Although I expect they still trying to deal with the E1 and haven't looked at the problems with the XE1 yet, but I hope I'm wrong.

Still unchanged for me.
Dispatch estimate: 31 Dec 2006
Delivery estimate: 3 Jan 2007 - 4 Jan 2007

Although I expect they still trying to deal with the E1 and haven't looked at the problems with the XE1 yet, but I hope I'm wrong.

MMmmm That was my thoughts on the matter aswell,hope its not correct though,,:rolleyes:

I don't think we will see it in January, LE Concepts who are are Toshiba dealer are expecting it until early - mid February.

I ordered on 18th October but received an e-mail from Amazon on 20th October saying:

"Unfortunately the availability of this item has now extended to Mid January."

The e-mail also invited me to cancel the order and order the E1.

According to my account details on Amazon's website I should be sat watching the thing! It states:

"Delivery estimate: 22 Nov 2006 - 8 Dec 2006"

I just hope after more than two months of waiting I don't get one of those "we've cancelled your order" e-mails!!

Has anybody got updates re their orders for the E1 or XE1 from Amazon? Hope we don't get knocked back after all this time, a reliable AVS member who's also a retailer in the US stated he'd be shipping out all pre-orders for the XE1 on 3rd Jan. If that is the case and going by the model set by US/UK releases of the E1, Toshiba UK should follow about a week later (mid Jan).

Has anybody had updates re their orders for the E1 or XE1 from Amazon? Hope we don't get knocked back after all this time, a reliable AVS member who's also a retailer in the US stated he'd be shipping out all pre-orders for the XE1 on 3rd Jan. If that is the case and going by the model set by US/UK releases of the E1, Toshiba UK should follow about a week later (mid Jan).

I'm not holding my breath on Amazon dispatching my XE1 in 2 days time, did anyone ever get a HD-E1 delivered from Amazon? I still have my pre-order with Official Toshiba UK Stockist LE Concepts for the XE1 and I'd imagine that they will deliver before Amazon do, either way hopefully I'll get my player within the next couple of weeks. :)

Nearly £100 difference... the 360 hd drive will keep my enthusiasm till it's released.

Think I read once that Amazon UK source their Tosh kit from France or Europe somewhere (could anyone confirm?) and if that is the case, we should keep an eye on their relevant website don't you think?

I very much doubt we'll get them next week tbh....

Latest wording on Amazon site states delivery soon, heres hoping anyway

Toshiba HD-XE1 HD DVD High Definition DVD Player
by Toshiba

(1 customer review) More about this product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: £556.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Availability: Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Latest wording on Amazon site states delivery soon, heres hoping anyway

Toshiba HD-XE1 HD DVD High Definition DVD Player
by Toshiba

(1 customer review) More about this product
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Price: £556.99 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Availability: Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days. Dispatched from and sold by Amazon.co.uk.

Like most poorly updated websites it's only taking the estimated delivery date from the release date that they won't have bothered to update yet.

When I was waiting for gameseek to get stock of the Joytech 245c Control Centre, it would get to the release date on the website, then say it was "In Stock" for that day, then they would update it with another release date.

Could Amazon actually redeem themselves and keep to their word?

I'm not expecting mine anytime soon to be honest. If Toshiba are not selling them direct then there is no chance that Amazon have them.

Hopefully I will get mine before the end of Jan as I would like to start watching all the HD-DVD's I got for Christmas!

I've just ordered the XE1 from Dabs whose website now says "Due in 3-4 days".

£537.99 inc delivery.

£33 more than Amazon but I feel there may be a better chance of actually receiving it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom