1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone order 504 from John Lewis?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Ratoban, Nov 27, 2003.

1. Ratoban

Ratoban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all,
    has anyone else ordered a Pioneer 504 from JL and if so have you managed to get a price match ?
    Any help for bargaining power would be good
    Rob.

2. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also got a 504HDE on order at JL (mostly as a result of reading this Forum) but haven't found a decent price match as yet. JL said that for a valid price match, the alternative supplier has to

(i) Be a retailer (not an e-tailer)
    (ii) Have the identical item (and in JL's case on this screen, they are only selling it with the stand and side speakers)
    (iii) It has to be in stock

I called JL (Brent Cross) this morning and they are quoting 'one week' for delivery but they said they will call back with a definitive date later today, if they can. Has anyone received a 504 from JL yet?

I would be most grateful if readers would post the best price they have seen on this 'package'.

Also, I have no use for the side speakers (as I plan to install B&W in-walls) or the stand (as the screen is going 'in-wall' too). Does anyone need these items?

3. philinman

philinman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    does it have to be in stock even if jl dont have it stock ???
    As not many dealers have them in "stock"
    Does stock mean take it away today
    or at another wharehouse or in stock at pioneer !!

:p

just thought i would add that

4. Ratoban

Ratoban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, mine was supposed to come today but there are only 8 504`s in the JL organisation @ present and they`ve all got buyers.
    Jl phoned me yesterday (mon) and said they don`t know when the next shipment will come which is a real downer:(

Briefcase, are you sure it comes with stand and speakers? as they were a little unsure of that when i ordered.

Hope for good news soon.
    Rob.

5. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reading Brogan and others experiences, it seems likely that we're going to be a long time setting up in any case. I hope to god I am one of the 8!

I was told by JL that it definitely comes with a stand and the side speakers and that if I wanted to price match, I would have to find the identical 'package' at a cheaper price. An important thing to note is that JL consider this package as a TV and therefore it does get the 5 year JL warranty.

The best price I have seen is £5,115 including the speakers and stand. It was from an internet retailer who has a shop as well. I will call JL's pricematch dept. today. Does anyone know of any better?

6. Ratoban

Ratoban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Briefcase,
    thats better than i`ve seen, good luck but don`t keep it to your self share the knowledge :p
    Rob.

7. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry Rob. The best price I have seen is at http://www.bestpricetv.com They apparently have a shop as well so are potentially eligible for a JL pricematch. I haven;t checked this as yet. Has anyone seen any better?

8. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Although the link suggests the speakers are optional, I know someone (a member of this Forum) who bought through them and got the speakers and stand in the price of £5,115

9. Ratoban

Ratoban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Nice 1 Briefcase.
    The only plus point about having to wait is the fact that these beasts will become readily available and prices will become more competative.
    By the way i will pay by Barclaycard and try and recoup £500 if i can`t get a pricematch from JL, it`s got to be worth a try.
    Rob

10. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with you Rob about the availability problem / competition. Whole reams have been written about the situation regarding the elusive HDMI cables!

I never thought I would say this but, sadly, I don't have a Barclaycard...

11. Ratoban

Ratoban

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Briefcase ,what player are you planning on using for hdmi?
    Rob.

12. Briefcase

Briefcase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning on a Pioneer 868 AVi. Given that there are no HDMI compatible amplifiers as yet, I was planning to go the Brogan route and play it through an AX5i with the sound through the i-Link. No doubt that'll mean one of my brothers or sisters will be the recipient of an AX5i in about 18 months when the new generation HDMI amps are out and at a sensible ish price.