anyone on Keto diet?

I would not say that was slow. T

he keto diet works by calorie restriction, just like any other diet. If you can stick to the diet and but get enough nutrients etc then it can work well.

Keto has changed my life. Couple this with regular training and you can completely transform the shape of your body. I've no doubt that modern food processing and especially carbs are this generations cigarette.

Keto has changed my life. Couple this with regular training and you can completely transform the shape of your body. I've no doubt that modern food processing and especially carbs are this generations cigarette.
Keto works by calorie deficit like any diet, no magic and carbs are no more fattening than fats. In fact dietary fat is more easily turned into body fat than dietary carbs.

he keto diet works by calorie restriction, just like any other diet

Keto works by calorie deficit like any diet, no magic and carbs are no more fattening than fats. In fact dietary fat is more easily turned into body fat than dietary carbs.

Thanks for repeating yourself. It really wouldn't be a Health and Fitness thread without you wading in :clap:

I’m doing a 16/8 fast every day and in my 8 hour eating window I have less than 20g of carbs. My BMR calculation states I need 3600 calories I’m very over weight). I eat no where near that, more like 2000 calories max. I’ve been doing it for 4 weeks and am not losing weight, well it seems to be fluctuating all over the place. What am I doing wrong? Just keep going?

Last edited:
I’m doing a 16/8 fast every day and in my 8 hour eating window I have less than 20g of carbs. My BMR calculation states I need 3600 calories I’m very over weight). I eat no where near that, more like 2000 calories max. I’ve been doing it for 4 weeks and am not losing weight, well it seems to be fluctuating all over the place. What am I doing wrong? Just keep going?
Try different BMR tools, they vary. You may be calculating your calories wrong, read the food labels very carefully and watch for per portion figures.

Thanks. I’ve joined MyFitnessPal, calculated body fat and used calculator to work out the macros to use in the app to achieve ketosis. States I should aim for 1994 calories to lose weight. Calories: 5% from carbs, 25% from protein & 70% from fat. Going to combine this with 16/8 fast. Will log my calories in the app carefully. Fingers crossed.

Breakfast: 1 slice meat free spam
Lunch: 1 grape
Supper: as much spam as you like, with lots of salad.

Been on the Keto diet combined with 16/8 fasting for 3 weeks now. Went into Ketosis after 3 days. Got Keto flu bad for a few days so had some electrolyte drinks and it went. Lost 24 pounds and 8 inches off the waist so far. Should slow down to 2 pounds a week now. Crazy how well it’s worked so far though (I know a lot is water at the start). I’m also rarely hungry, have loads of energy and blood pressure had dropped to nearly normal.

Last edited:
I’m just doing 20 minutes on a exercise bike every day (hard enough to get a sweat going).

Last edited:
Does anybody on Keto use fitbit? I can't believe they don't have a macro counter option when you log your food. If you do, what percentage of carbs do you try to stay under?

Just an update, 8 weeks in now, 45.4 pounds lost.

I’ve lost 4 stone 10 pounds now in 16 weeks.

I've not gone full keto, but took on a low carb diet, combined with weight training and rowing. 3 1/2 stone, and 7% body fat, dropped since the end of October. My energy levels are through the roof!

I’ve now lost 94.6 pounds since the 28th May 2018 following clean / strict Keto

Just curious, what was your pre keto weight and your height please?

Started at 24 stone. I’m 6 feet 3 inches.

Hi, I am new to this forum, would anyone tell the principal difference between Atkinson and Keto diets? They both low carbs, what is real life difference?

Hi, I am new to this forum, would anyone tell the principal difference between Atkinson and Keto diets? They both low carbs, what is real life difference?

Keto is moderate protein and Atkins is high protein. Clean/Strict Keto eliminates all grains and refined sugar. No processed food, no inflammatory foods. I’ve lost 7 stone 2 pounds now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom