Anyone no where to get the Panny. PRC tell me that a certain No of drop outs is?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by oreoboy13, Jul 17, 2002.

1. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PRC have a certain number of panny in, i even got them down to 1250 and next day delivery but i got talking and they said they wouldnt take it back if it only had one or two dead pixels? is this normal.

2. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Yes it is normal, the manufactuer is the one who wont replace it, so dealers are now finding out and thus wont do it either.

Some are selling them on with 1 dead or stuck pixel cheaper, av sales for instance.

3. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    so what happens if i get some dead pixels?

4. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Try and use a dealer who does still have a dead pixel policy !!!

discounttv for instance do a free pixel check.
    av sales I think offer a pixel check
    and sound and vision bolton I think do too.

If you get several dead or stuck pixels I dont think you would have a problem getting it exchanged with any dealer.

5. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is it possible to fix the dead pixels?

i.e can i buy it from PRC because they are cheap and if only one or pixels die can i fix them, or would i be better waiting until another shop has them in.

6. JSW

JSW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +333
    No you cant fix them.

If you get a stuck pixel you can make it seem invisable by placing a piece of coloured tape on the screen where the stuck pixel is showing up.

PRC at 1250 arnt the cheapest but like you say they have stock.
    You are likely to get one with no problems at all from prc as you are from anywhere else.

7. nigel_williams

nigel_williams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I went to PRC in Forest Gate to buy my Sony VW11. Nick (the salesman) kindly let me run up the Sony to check for dead pixels. At this time, he said that they would only consider swapping out a projector if the dead pixels are in/near the centre of the display.

It is normal for a few dead pixels to be appear, and I know your eye gets drawn to it once noticed!

A friend of mine recently bought a 50" plasma for £8,000 - it too has dead pixels!

8. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just emailed Ben at Discount Electrical - they "will have new stock very soon"

9. Andy.T

Andy.T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    When I e-mailed Discount Electrical I was told "it is impossible to say just how long a wait there is for one of these projectors". Which kind of put me off, AV-Sales said pretty much the same.

I finally found some in stock at Krish AV the website listed at £1299 but when I mailed about stock they said yes they had some but the price was £1399 including delivery.

Undeterred I asked if I came and picked it up could I get it for £1299 and take a peek for dead pixels. The reply came back that as the sun was shining they were in a good mood "yes". :D

I now have in my sweaty (damn it's hot) mits a June manufactured, dead pixel free (at the moment - touch wood) Panny.

I've e-mailed a whole bunch of companies over the last couple of days they all say "we are expecting stock soon" but won't be more specific. I'm an impatient soul at the best of times but especially when it comes to new toys. Krish-av ain't the cheapest but at least they have some now that you can go and check out.

Andy Trump

10. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well, I am taking delivery of one from Discount Electical on Monday - would have been Friday, but I'm out :(((

Also, the price is £950 inc VAT & Del - reason being they have some reconditioned units - same 2 year warranty. Ben personally checked one for me - pixel perfect - at the moment ;) - full 2 year warranty. And presumeably it's a unit that's already been sorted with the fix.

They have some more that this price.