Anyone moved from Samsung s21 /s20 to iPhone?

marvi0

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Have been using android now for nearly 10 years. The last iPhone I used longterm was probably the iPhone 8,if I'm not mistaken. My son has always used android, until recently he asked for iPhone. So I got him an iPhone xr. Amazing device and I was blown away by the performance, considering its a couple of years old and the screen size and weight is also just right. Only issue was when I tried to use apps like twitter etc, when I could tell that the 120hz refresh on Samsung top end phones, is absolutely amazing. Anyone moved from Samsung s21 /s20 / any Samsung phones with 120hz to say a iPhone 12. What are your thoughts regarding the screen refresh rate please?

Just been looking at some YouTube vids and it appears the s21 ultra 120hz, is definitely more smooth than the iPhone 60hz screen. I supposed untill iPhone comes with a 120hz screen I'm staying with android, but I so fancied a change.

I fancied a change as well I was a little underwhelmed by the s21 having bought my s20 so I thought I’d have a change to iPhone and got the iPhone 12 max and can honestly say the phone is better than my Samsung. In every way. There’s literally nothing I prefer on Samsung that I miss.

I fancied a change as well I was a little underwhelmed by the s21 having bought my s20 so I thought I’d have a change to iPhone and got the iPhone 12 max and can honestly say the phone is better than my Samsung. In every way. There’s literally nothing I prefer on Samsung that I miss.
How about the 120hz vs 60hz screen?

The iPhone screen is lovely until you mentioned it I hadn’t even thought about it.

The iPhone screen is lovely until you mentioned it I hadn’t even thought about it.
Was playing with my sons iPhone xr, everything was smooth and fast untill I started to scroll on apps like twitter and Facebook. I know the xr is a couple of years old but I could clearly tell that 120hz is far superior.

When the cameras and everything else is better(bar the refresh rate) I’ll take all those other plus points over the refresh rate any day!

I've just moved from a Oneplus 8 Pro to iphone XS, big mistake.
the screen on the iphone is awful, Beige whites, poor colour
IOS hasn't moved on much since my last iphone in 2015.
Back to Oneplus for me.

I've just moved from a Oneplus 8 Pro to iphone XS, big mistake.
the screen on the iphone is awful, Beige whites, poor colour
IOS hasn't moved on much since my last iphone in 2015.
Back to Oneplus for me.
😂 😂 😂, that's exactly what I thought when I used my sons xr. For me until they move to 120hz at least, can't see reason to downgrade from my samsung s21, but I really wanted to give ios a go.

😂 😂 😂, that's exactly what I thought when I used my sons xr. For me until they move to 120hz at least, can't see reason to downgrade from my samsung s21, but I really wanted to give ios a go.
Your son's XR has an LCD screen, your S21 has an OLED screen.
You’re not comparing like for like.

Your son's XR has an LCD screen, your S21 has an OLED screen.
You’re not comparing like for like.
The main issue for me is the 120hz refresh rate. I cannot see myself using anything with less.

Can't say if I'd notice any difference.
My own 12 Pro Max has silky smooth scrolling and other than the odd BBC or Youtube short video I don't use it for viewing movies.

Once you have tried a good OLED 120hz screen anything else is poor. the main thing we do with our phones is scroll the screen, so the better an experience this is for me, the better. I have eye issues too which this really helps with, it was even advised by the Eye Hospital to reduce Eye strain

Can't say if I'd notice any difference.
My own 12 Pro Max has silky smooth scrolling and other than the odd BBC or Youtube short video I don't use it for viewing movies.

the ipad pro, which

Once you have tried a good OLED 120hz screen anything else is poor. the main thing we do with our phones is scroll the screen, so the better an experience this is for me, the better. I have eye issues too which this really helps with, it was even advised by the Eye Hospital to reduce Eye strain
That's true. I can never see myself downgrade to 60hz, unless I'm being paid to do so.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom