Anyone moved from a Sony X95 model to an OLED?

dragontycoon

Established Member
Reaction score
Burn-in issues ignored for the time being, what have been your experiences? Looking at either a Sony a80/90 or the highly regarded LG C1.

I own the X95G 55" and had nothing but troubles, I think I got a slightly defective model, with menu crashes, slight hdr picture corruption when using motion smoothing and audio syncing issues. But my main issues are universal, that is blooming, and motion judder.

I like the bright picture (when not ruined by blooming), no banding, and some simply stunning picture and colour quality. My concern is that I will lose the brightness I've grown to love on this tv by moving to OLED. The kind of full screen brightness in something like the Disney animated classic, The Lion King, something I've read OLEDs are poor at, albeit with better blacks.

Also, are motion smoothing options required to get better motion or is it by default (I keep all motion smoothing options off on my current tv). I'm also always wary to moving to a new tv technology as I have sensitive eyes. I had to sell my old plasma shortly after buying it because of green trails I can see now and again.

Obviously can't ignore the image retention issues with OLED forever, but for now, just wondering about picture and motion quality. For what it's worth and don't think it's relevant, but I never use the tv speakers, and will probably upgrade the size to 65".

the CX gives a much better Viewing angle which I only really find better I still like the XH95 more I say it's easier to see things on some times being brighter.

Burn-in issues ignored for the time being, what have been your experiences? Looking at either a Sony a80/90 or the highly regarded LG C1.

I own the X95G 55" and had nothing but troubles, I think I got a slightly defective model, with menu crashes, slight hdr picture corruption when using motion smoothing and audio syncing issues. But my main issues are universal, that is blooming, and motion judder.

I like the bright picture (when not ruined by blooming), no banding, and some simply stunning picture and colour quality. My concern is that I will lose the brightness I've grown to love on this tv by moving to OLED. The kind of full screen brightness in something like the Disney animated classic, The Lion King, something I've read OLEDs are poor at, albeit with better blacks.

Also, are motion smoothing options required to get better motion or is it by default (I keep all motion smoothing options off on my current tv). I'm also always wary to moving to a new tv technology as I have sensitive eyes. I had to sell my old plasma shortly after buying it because of green trails I can see now and again.

Obviously can't ignore the image retention issues with OLED forever, but for now, just wondering about picture and motion quality. For what it's worth and don't think it's relevant, but I never use the tv speakers, and will probably upgrade the size to 65".
I went from a 65XH9505 to a 77A80J. The brightness of the Sony xh9505 was really impressive, especially in HDR. The oled can get really bright when it needs to, with no blooming and perfect blacks. Suits me better as I only watch in a dark room. I have slight banding between 5 and 10 percent which is common for oleds and can improve with use. Im happy with the switch, letterbox bars remain jet black, and not grey when viewing in dim room. The motion on the A80j is super smooth, better than my xh9505, using default settings in custom mode. Colours on A80j are very accurate looking in custom mode. Also the sound from A80j is incredible. Proper deep bass and punchy. Highly acceptable if u have no soundbar or 5.1 system.

I went from a 65XH9505 to a 77A80J. The brightness of the Sony xh9505 was really impressive, especially in HDR. The oled can get really bright when it needs to, with no blooming and perfect blacks. Suits me better as I only watch in a dark room. I have slight banding between 5 and 10 percent which is common for oleds and can improve with use. Im happy with the switch, letterbox bars remain jet black, and not grey when viewing in dim room. The motion on the A80j is super smooth, better than my xh9505, using default settings in custom mode. Colours on A80j are very accurate looking in custom mode. Also the sound from A80j is incredible. Proper deep bass and punchy. Highly acceptable if u have no soundbar or 5.1 system.
Damn, these threads get me so hyped. I’m looking to get the 77” A80J, and my current one is a 55” LED X850D. It‘ll be in a dark room, but I hope SDR/HDR brightness won’t be a problem with crushed blacks or banding.

Once you go OLED you'll never go back.
That’s what everyone says. But now my plans just got a bit more complicated, as I wasn‘t gonna buy one until Black Friday, but many say the A80J will be sold out by then. So now my only two options now are the G2 and the A80K. I just want the best 77” OLED on the market, and those two seem to be the best. We’ll have to wait for official reviews to drop though to see a consensus.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom