1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone managed this?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by PhilipH, Jan 3, 2004.

1. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone managed to generate a 15kHz "video standard" RGB output from an nVidia graphics card (or from a VIA EPIA board) suitable for feeding into a TV's RGB SCART input?

I've all but given up trying to find a graphics card with as good an s-video output as the Hollywood Plus or Sigma XCard and this is the only other solution I can think of.

Phil

2. rob_w

rob_w

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got to agree - I've never found an output that is as good as my old hollywood+. Have you tried TVtool ?

http://tvtool.info/index_e.htm

I tried the demo and it cleaned up the pic a fair whack.

How about this modded radeon ?

http://ultimarc.com/avgainf.html

I don't know if it's suitable or not, and its a lot of money for an old card. You could e-mail them and see if you could demo it.

hth

Rob

3. PhilipH

PhilipH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Rob...

I did try TVTool some time ago but haven't recently - might give it another shot.

I'd be happy to spend £65 on a card if it did what was necessary but I found something suprising last night ... I've been using the PowerDVD codecs from within ZoomPlayer and been having real problems with fleshtones having yellow and purple blotches on them when viewed via S-Video but not via VGA so had assumed that the problem was with the S-Video circuitry on the various cards I was trying. Anyway, last night I was having some glitching issues and decided to try the WinDVD codecs instead - the glitching disappeared but so did the blotches on the S-Video output too!

Anyone else seen this or have any ideas as to why it could be?

Phil