1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone manage to find the VPL-VW12HT user manual to download?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by coolhand101, Dec 21, 2002.

1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

did a long search for it but no luck, anyone know a website/link for it, or could someone send me it via email

cheers

2. Kavin_Andi

Kavin_Andi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi coolhand101,

Sorry I don't have news on a manual but am considering importing one myself from pricejapan.

Did you order yours from them?
    Had any problems with dead pixels or excess payements e.g. admin fees?

I'm really itching to place an order but need some reassurance from someone who's already successfully done it.

Cheers.

Kav.

PS. I think we'll have to borrow one for the cd-rom;)

3. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im ordering a projector from them after xmas. i did some research on this and this is what i found-

People who brought projectors over there a while back were paying DUTY tax, as long as the box has a message on it saying "computer display device" you do not pay duty tax but everything else does(Japan being a non EU country). PJ makes sure this is whats on the box now.

you will pay VAT(DHL will send you the bill for this 17.5%)

ive also heard of an admin fee(DHL) from people who brought dvds, but this i hear is from USA so far.

a wire transfer is the cheapest quickest way(most banks £20-35)unless you have a paypal account(this takes up to 3-5 days to get one)

Courier services are very quick but they also seem keen on extra payments from non EU countrys, so the best bet is try there website and print out there conditions or better still get somethink in writing from them.

PJ uses them but dont go into detail with DHL(its not there job).

and the last way with DHL is to work out all this to a price and usually they send you a bill 2-8 weeks after you get the projector and proberly up to 6 months before your threaten with court action or somethink.

So just make sure you have about £1000 ready upto 6 months

But in the long run its the cheapest prices on the planet(so far)

ei-

projector=£2000
    projector with 5%tax(£100),insurance, and shipping(dhl)£2400
    projector with 17.5%vat = £2820

this is a rough guide, but dont worry so much, just go for it.

just remember if somethink goes wrong under a year you got to ship it back to japan. (i think they do extended warrantys also check if u can have a E-W over here too(UK)

or pay double the price for the same kit over here just for repairs and a uk dealer(turn arounds longer in uk than Japan-if you no what i mean).

Its best to email someone on here who have ordered from PJ to get back detail info. and do a search on here for more info on PJ.

4. Dan18

Dan18
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered a Sony HS10 at around midnight on a Monday from Price Japan. They emailed me back within 5 minutes and the projector was dispatched within 8 hours by DHL. It arrived at my house Thursday lunchtime. All buttons, manuals, remote in English. All it needed was a plug adapater. No dead pixels. If you dont mind a bit of risk taking go for it. Will await the customs bill from DHL but frankly I dont mind - this was a whole lot easier than ordering from some UK companies who will sell you the product and you end up waiting weeks for it to arrive.