Anyone manage one of these bargains??

ive "heard" they have very little stock if any on the seemingly good bargains but seem to have other more expensive stuff they are willing to offer in stock, read into that how you like

ive "heard" they have very little stock if any on the seemingly good bargains but seem to have other more expensive stuff they are willing to offer in stock, read into that how you like

yes i remember this company, a while back .. every speaker package they advertised, that i was interested in .. had been sold :suicide: and was recommended something a little pricier !!

have you not considered another sub by a different manufacturer ?? whats your budget ?

paul

Thanks for the heads up, a clever bit of marketing if nothing else.

have you not considered another sub by a different manufacturer ?? whats your budget ?

I was carrying 4 KEF's through my receiver thats all - 2 front 2 rear. My budget is always broken :eek: but I was looking around 300 mark, unless something a bit pricer raises the bar, the velodyne is reccomended by whathifi but they product place too.

I could really use the advice so I'll tell you my setup: My dimensions are 2.50m width between the 2 fronts by 4.40m length, the rears being 1.5m behind my head and the same width as the fronts -theres a little more room to fill than that but the setup is pretty good. I have a clear, rich tone from my speakers at present and do not currently own a centre although one will come eventually.

:smashin:

I strongly recommend you add a center speaker or your will suffer from DRC (unavoidable compression) which is incurable without an injection of cash.

hyperfi have been "done" in the past for false advertising.

I strongly recommend you add a center speaker or your will suffer from DRC (unavoidable compression) which is incurable without an injection of cash.

Thanks for the advice, this is the range being comprimised through my current speakers manipulating the sound? Can you take a look at these specs: http://www.kef.com/products/ciseries/technical/ci3_80qttec.asp and offer a much valued opinion.

Can you pm to keep this on sub track! :thumbsup:

Without a center speaker your AVR will automatically compress the Dolby 5.1 sound. Making it boring! DTS 5.1 doesn't.

Sorry, I know nothing about commercial center speakers so cannot advise.

Without a center speaker your AVR will automatically compress the Dolby 5.1 sound. Making it boring! DTS 5.1 doesn't.

Sorry, I know nothing about commercial center speakers so cannot advise.

As my speaker setup is new I'm going to throw a 'duffer' centre into the mix and see how the quality of the other speakers perform. I think it will probably make a bigger difference than the .1 !

Where in the country are you Batts?

ok how about on a budget mordaunt short 309 (£170 odd) do a search for reviews etc.
leaving another £150 for sweet centre??

i have demo'd a 309 but not with my setup and it sounds accomplished. Is the 409 a step up (i believe most prefer the 309i?) as I can get hold of that for the same price.

I also quite like the look of a REL T3 but need a demo before I can make a judgement.

I rather like the look of the T1. :)

The elegant support frames gives it a lightness in appearance not seen elsewhere. :smashin:

Well done REL! :cool:

phoned the store earlier to see if i could get up for a demo, to which they wern't willing :mad:

1. the boxes are sealed :eek: ) - and they will probably stay that way if they want you to part with £300+ without hearing it
2. not easy to demo a sub (surely as tricky as any other component)

phoned the store earlier to see if i could get up for a demo, to which they wern't willing :mad:

1. the boxes are sealed :eek: ) - and they will probably stay that way if they want you to part with £300+ without hearing it
2. not easy to demo a sub (surely as tricky as any other component)

RIDICULOUS...............what a way to promote a company, you can't demo, pah look elsewhere! What about a nice bk/svs/velodyne etc....

what sub are you trying to get a demo of mate ? a REL ?

you shouldnt have any problems demoing any sub, any of the top retailers should bend over backwards to accomodate your needs ... my local audio t ordered in £3,000 worth of speakers .. just so i could demo them :thumbsup: ... thats what i call service :smashin:

7oaks do REL don't they?

they'll demo as will audio-t, of that i'm sure....

I seem to remember looking at buying a Kef sub from Hyperfi around 6 years ago. Guess they still haven't got stock in despite those timescales.
Lets just say that I won't suggest you wait....

....2. not easy to demo a sub (surely as tricky as any other component)
And pretty much pointless unless the demo room has the same dimensions as you own.

It may be better to suggest to the dealer that you buy it, with an option to exchange for another design if it proves unsuitable.

Russell

And pretty much pointless unless the demo room has the same dimensions as you own.

It may be better to suggest to the dealer that you buy it, with an option to exchange for another design if it proves unsuitable.

Russell

This is true. Think I'll just bite the bullet and get it. It'll give me some ammo to fuel the monolith owners at least! ;)

what sub are you trying to get a demo of mate ? a REL ?
Yes the new T-series

you shouldnt have any problems demoing any sub, any of the top retailers should bend over backwards to accomodate your needs ... my local audio t ordered in £3,000 worth of speakers .. just so i could demo them :thumbsup: ... thats what i call service :smashin

that is service!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom