anyone looked at ebay today?

gingerone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone has set up a load of fake accounts called bidder and is bidding all the wii prices thru the roof!

One was bid up to over a grand this morning.
Looks like a lot of people selling wii's on ebay are going to be mighty cheesed off today.:eek:

LOL.... Its a new eBay feature to stop bidders being spammed. User id is cloaked till the end of the auction.

:rotfl:

think that's an option to hide the bidder's names so that nobody can make contact with them.

I've checked other auctions and they show the normal username though.

In that case some idiot paid over a grand for a wii this morning.:suicide:

It's a new eBay 'feature' that is supposed to protect peoples' identities. Once an item goes above a certain amount (£100, I think), it says "BidderN". Supposedly this is to stop the bidders being contacted by alternative sellers of the same item and doing a deal without an eBay listing.

only the seller can see bidders names
I actually thought you meant it as a joke until your second post

It's a new eBay 'feature' that is supposed to protect peoples' identities. Once an item goes above a certain amount (£100, I think), it says "BidderN". Supposedly this is to stop the bidders being contacted by alternative sellers of the same item and doing a deal without an eBay listing.

Ah right, that's a new one on me. Some people are paying stupid prices for the wii at the moment.

thats crazy but something tells me its a nigerian scammer :rolleyes:

Looks like someone has set up a load of fake accounts called bidder and is bidding all the wii prices thru the roof!

One was bid up to over a grand this morning.
Looks like a lot of people selling wii's on ebay are going to be mighty cheesed off today.:eek:
You see it alot on mobile phones on ebay people bidding over the odds for a phone i think its the african scammers that are doing this the scum.

Look at item 150069112342, for example, it's not just Wiis.

yep complete scum, anything that worth a decent wedge of cash they go for just to **** you off, I had one once gave him the most abuse ever got a warning from ebay about sending the message :D

Just been checking out eBay, and several Wii's failed to meet their reserve price, and overall price level seems to be down a bit. I guess as more stories emerge of stores having stock this weekend (TRU, etc.), prices might drop even further.

All the one's I've been 'watching' are going for around the £300 mark +- £25. That's for the £179 bundle...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom