Anyone living with Corian ?

kevshed

Hi all - Mrs has set her heart on a corian worktop for our new kitchen, with the moulded sink, splashbacks etc.... Main reasons are purely practical - i.e. very hygenic, easy to clean etc.

We had granite in the past, which was ok - but i do see the corian benefits from her perspective.... though i'd prob go stone as a preference myself.

Just wondered if anyone here has been living with it for a while, and what their views are of the choice...

tx

deckingman

No personal experience I'm afraid. My only comment is that your wife has expensive taste. :) It might be wise to wait until after Tuesday to see if you can still afford it. :devil:

kevshed

your'e not kidding :).. im trying to make decisions ahead of the pilage of the middle classes which is no doubt imminent...

scottie50

Been living with our second corian installation for 2 years now, no problems even though SWMBO picked a colour not recommended for kitchens. Chosen for the integral backsplashes, recessed sink area with drainer grooves, recessed hob bars and custom thickness. Oh and because I made them myself they were also the cheapest option:smashin:

jordandy512

Worth every penny imho, look into the alternatives such as hi-macs too.

Andy

kevshed

Well - decision made, have gone for it! With integrated large sink, and coved upstands
.... Now on the next decision !!!! Thx

IronGiant

May I suggest you go for the channels with stainless steel rods in next to the cooker to act as pot stands, I'd hate to see a thread on a melted corian worktop in a few months time...

Desmo

Distinguished Member
Good choice :D

We've had ours for a few years now and glad we chose it. It really "makes" the kitchen for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom