Anyone live in central Newcastle? With a parking space? Please help!

Hitby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Well,
As a last resort, here is my request :D

I work at Newcastle University and my better half works at Northumbria (when she's not on maternity leave). My Uni have recently been doing a lot of building work and as such, have reduced parking on campus so that it's basically impossible to get a space. For the last two years, whilst the building work has been going on they've provided a subsidised space in Eldon Square multi-storey so I've been parking there (£70 a month).

Unfortunately, the permit expires on the 5th October and they're not renewing them so I'm in dire need of somewhere to park that's within reasonable walking distance of both Universities or even just Newcastle Uni and I can drop SWMBO off. I work on Claremont Road if it makes any difference.

If you, or anyone you know, lives in the area and has a parking space that's available from roughly 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday I'd be eternally grateful if you/they could lease it to me.

I've visited all the usual parking space websites and there doesn't seem to be anything available.

Hopefully, the power of AVF can help.

NB: Public transport is a no go as I/we commute from Middlesbrough and now have a baby girl to look after so the cost/time involved makes it impossible.

Thanks!

Dan

i know you said public transport is a no no , but could you not drive and park at somewhere like heworth metro , not sure how much the metro cost these days though , you have been paying £70 / month to park anyway .....

The Metro is £36 a month + £2 a day parking so for both of us that's £112 a month (4 week month) plus the added commuting time which would mean setting off earlier and getting home later which isn't really an option due to childcare (and long enough days as it is).

Hitby said:
The Metro is £36 a month + £2 a day parking so for both of us that's £112 a month (4 week month) plus the added commuting time which would mean setting off earlier and getting home later which isn't really an option due to childcare (and long enough days as it is).

Fair play , i thought metro parking was free , guess not , bad enough just doing 30 mins a day upto sunderland from stockton for me , nevermind the extra you do , can you not liftshare with anyone .....

Last edited:
Fair play , i thought metro parking was free , guess not , bad enough just doing 30 mins a day upto sunderland from stockton for me , nevermind the extra you do , can you not liftshare with anyone .....

The trouble with liftshare, assuming I could find someone, is that I'd have no flexibility if I needed to leave early for any reason. Appreciate your replies though :)

The trouble with liftshare, assuming I could find someone, is that I'd have no flexibility if I needed to leave early for any reason. Appreciate your replies though :)

same sort of problem i have , there is a few people i could share with , but if you or they need to get away then someone is stuffed .....

yeah, it's a chew on. I'm working odd hours at the moment whilst SMWBO is on maternity - 8-6 Monday to Thursday, Friday off. That's only until the Christmas break though and then back to 8-5ish five days a week.

Newcastle city council don't want People to drive into the city these days. Hence the semi decent transport links now.

How about parking near byker morrisons and walking in? Not great but cheaper.

Newcastle city council don't want People to drive into the city these days. Hence the semi decent transport links now.

How about parking near byker morrisons and walking in? Not great but cheaper.

It'd be nearly a 40 minute walk unfortunately, shame Morrisons isn't on the other side of the city :) Would mean leaving home at about 6am

Have you tried the rent my parking space websites?

Every one that I could find on Google.

Thanks guys

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom